• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnarentz
    • Jul 2010
    • CANBERRA

MK Triton Transfer case anti roll bracket and mount

My MK 2005, 2.8td 4x4 doesn't have one of the above. All the mounting holes are there but no sign of a bracket or the mount itself. Is it supposed to have that stuff??
  • Meth'd_up_Mitsi
    • Nov 2019
    • Caboolture

Are you referring to sway bar brackets for the bar itself? Yes they're supposed to be there. Someone has removed it to gain extra flex.. which in a torsion bar front end is bugger all anyway.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

• pharb
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by Meth'd_up_Mitsi View Post
      Are you referring to sway bar brackets for the bar itself? Yes they're supposed to be there. Someone has removed it to gain extra flex.. which in a torsion bar front end is bugger all anyway.

No, I believe jonarantz is meaning a mount bolted to the left side of the transfer case. It is not a solid mount, but prevents the transfer case "rolling" to far under high torque load.

I have only worked on petrol MKs which definitely have them. I am pretty sure my NJ 2.8L Pajero has one, therefore assume the 2.8L MK should have one as well.
      PCOV Member 1107.
      Daily driver NX GLX
      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
      Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
      Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Meth'd_up_Mitsi
        • Nov 2019
        • Caboolture

Oh yeah sorry.. I missed the transfer case bit. No the diesels don't have the side mount on passenger side chassis rail due to the gearbox mount itself.. (two lateral mounts) as well as the NJ which has longitudinal mounts. They only put the chassis rail mounts on the vehicles which had the central style mount which only has one point of contact.

Comment

• Meth'd_up_Mitsi
          • Nov 2019
          • Caboolture

I mean the single centre underside mount like the V6 & NA diesels

Comment

• pharb
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by Meth'd_up_Mitsi View Post
            Oh yeah sorry.. I missed the transfer case bit. No the diesels don't have the side mount on passenger side chassis rail due to the gearbox mount itself.. (two lateral mounts) as well as the NJ which has longitudinal mounts. They only put the chassis rail mounts on the vehicles which had the central style mount which only has one point of contact.

Ahh. Thats probably why I couldn't remember seeing one on my NJ. Doesn't have one!!
            PCOV Member 1107.
            Daily driver NX GLX
            Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
            Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
            Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X