Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 21-10-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onsan View Post
Is that correct?
I ask because that was the reason I set the AM8 to lock up from 3rd, I found coasting towards the lights or a stop it would pull you up a abruptly as it was staying locked up in 2nd when coasting.
It still locks up in 3rd coasting but the engine braking isnít as severe on the higher ratio.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the Challenger version it unlock when in DRIVE and coasting. This is because the JATCO is particularly 'rough' when downshift with the TCC locked.

The Pajero version is different, and keeps it locked hence you noticing the downshift more.

I'm curious about your experience above. Setting '3rd' only has an effect when in SPORT mode.
In DRIVE, it doesn't tend to coast in 2nd, as when it goes below 30kph the trans is switched to factory DRIVE operation which goes from 3rd to 1st (avoiding 2nd completely).
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150
Old 21-10-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jp_ View Post
This is a great set of instructions.

I have been running a Scangauge since getting the NW an programmed the ATF with the following MTH 00010001FFD0, which was posted on the forum long ago as being correct. It looks reasonably accurate to my untrained eyes. I see your instructions quote the MTH 00010001FFCE for a marginally different offset.

Given your in-depth knowledge of how the Aisin trans operates, I was wondering why there is a difference in the MTH.
It depends on how people determine the offset to deem a value as 'correct'. There is no difference between the NT,NW and NX AISIN transmissions that require a different offset to be used.

Some people determined the offset through trial and error, trying to get the offset to match other temperature sensors when the car has been cold soaked.

I used a Mitsubishi MUTT3 to display the actual temperature the then determine the correct offset from that.

FFD0 vs FFCE is only a couple of degrees difference, which a negligible difference in terms of the way we use the displayed temperature.

There is a lot of confusion around the correct offset to use because it does vary across models, which is also why I wrote the guide.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150
Old 21-10-19

M_and_m, Iíll go and double check by setting it back and taking it for a spin.

When I first installed it, it was very noticeable, pulled you up a bit aggressively, it also faulted and triggered a check engine after a couple of days use. Error code was for lock up not releasing so I changed it after that. It has faulted again (froze, no active control) since but only briefly before being power reset and did not trigger a check engine light.

Old 21-10-19
Valued Member

Quote:
M_and_m, I’ll go and double check by setting it back and taking it for a spin.

When I first installed it, it was very noticeable, pulled you up a bit aggressively, it also faulted and triggered a check engine after a couple of days use. Error code was for lock up not releasing so I changed it after that. It has faulted again (froze, no active control) since but only briefly before being power reset and did not trigger a check engine light.

Yes, a few cars have thrown a fault within the first couple of weeks of use. It's not common, but has happened. The adaptive learning soon gets used to the lockup kit and thereafter it's ok.
At what speed is the aggressive pull-up as it changes down gears? Not 30kph is it?

Old 03-11-19

Getting back to you on this.

Changed the setting back to lockup from 2nd and have been driving it for a bit over a week. It is releasing fine once below 30k/hr just like you said, if you really try you can get it to pull you up when it holds 2nd above 30k/hr, but only deliberately. So all is good, I've not had any other engine faults pop up, so I guess it may have been just part of the adaptive learning you mentioned. That may not be limited to the car either.
Old 03-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Getting back to you on this.

Changed the setting back to lockup from 2nd and have been driving it for a bit over a week. It is releasing fine once below 30k/hr just like you said, if you really try you can get it to pull you up when it holds 2nd above 30k/hr, but only deliberately. So all is good, I've not had any other engine faults pop up, so I guess it may have been just part of the adaptive learning you mentioned. That may not be limited to the car either.
Good to hear all is ok 👍

Old 15-02-20

Default Ultragauge Setup Clarification

Getting back to your first post regarding monitoring of the transmission oil temperature I have just installed an Ultragauge MX and it is pre programmed to monitor the transmission pipe temperature but I would like to also monitor the pan temperature. I have searched to forum for details as to how I can program an M Gauge to read the pan temperature and the closest I have come is your guide. I have also checked to Ultragauge website to no avail.

I would like to know how I program the new M gauge. I have noted the the only difference between the Pipe and Pan M Gauges in your explanation is the RPos: (1008 and 1808 respectively) and the name. But there are no details as to how the M Gauge for the pan temperature is developed.

Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. No doubt I'll be told it is very simple as is generally the case when it comes to this sort of thing with me.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Chevy29
Old 15-02-20

Apologies to all for an unnecessary post. As I said in my last post the answer is probably simple and sure enough it is! I have now programmed a transmission pan oil temperature and it works. However I do have an issue in that I appear to have locked the Ultragauge pages into a four zone display when I would like to have a six zone display. Does this mean I have to reset to factory setting and start all over again?
Old 15-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy29 View Post
Apologies to all for an unnecessary post. As I said in my last post the answer is probably simple and sure enough it is! I have now programmed a transmission pan oil temperature and it works. However I do have an issue in that I appear to have locked the Ultragauge pages into a four zone display when I would like to have a six zone display. Does this mean I have to reset to factory setting and start all over again?
No, thereís a setting in another menu that lets you choose which pages are displayed and how many gauges to display per page.

Old 18-02-20

Thanks for the info. I'm done that and everything is working as I want. Can you advise where the intake air temperature is read, is it the the engine side of the air cleaner or the engine side of the intercooler?