Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 07-04-19

Default Third-row seat storage

Have just removed the third-row seats and permanently installed the fridge / battery on a piece of 18mm marine ply. The third-row seats will now be stored long-term. Does anyone have any tips for how to store them long term and prevent deterioration? They are the leather ones from the exceed.

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger
Old 07-04-19
Valued Member

Wrap it in plastic and store in a dry and fairly temperature stable environment

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-19

Instead of using plastic as a wrap, go and buy a cheap painters fabric drop sheet and use that. And give the leather a good protective coating. I used Bowdens products. The fabric drop sheet will allow the leather to breathe and still keep it protected. My third row seat is stored like this, along with the plastic tub liner.

James
Old 08-04-19
Valued Member

I think you will find the 3rd row seats in the Exceed are actually vinyl rather than leather (refer fine print in the brochure or MMAL website), so no special treatment is required in that regard.
Old 08-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
I think you will find the 3rd row seats in the Exceed are actually vinyl rather than leather (refer fine print in the brochure or MMAL website), so no special treatment is required in that regard.
Yeah same leather as the rest of the seats for the fascia. The backs are synthetic, but thanks for the heads up

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger
Old 08-04-19

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've actually got a fair few old queen size sheets that will wrap it well. I've also got a large rhino (pelican ripoff) storage trunk that has a gasket seal and claims to be everything proof. I'm going to see if it will fit in there with the headrests, etc.

Old 09-04-19

I have mine semi-permanently removed . I don't have a battery in there, but a well equipped toolbox and other stuff.
Occasionally I need to refit the seat for rugrats.
This is One of the best set ups for a 3rd seat for any vehicle. Easily removed/refitted and the extra storage is perfect for long camping trips.
The worst part about my old NL.....4 bolts for each seat to remove them and a real blind spot when they were folded up.
Old 09-04-19
Valued Member

I had the third row seats from my '02 Exceed stored for the 15 years I owned it - in a (very) large plastic bag, in the roof of my garage. The bag was a Qantas excess-size luggage bag of some sort. When I took them out prior to selling it, they were in as-new condition.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.