Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Scorpro

Scorpro Turn your Gen 4 Pajero into the sports car it should be with our Paddle Shift Kit

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-17
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
Well Done Scott. Thats pretty cool and looks standard.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I was happy with mine, and a few friends have been happy with theirs. But today's response was slightly better than I imagined (and we missed you, btw...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjunk View Post
Very nice job Scott, thanks for offering members the choice of instructions for DIY or the very reasonably priced kit. Very generous and community-minded of you - it is this sort of generosity that makes a forum community great!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjunk View Post
Almost makes me wish my NS was Auto..... Almost.
I understand. I originally did this so I could pretend I had a little more control over my trans, but I never anticipated I would use the paddles as much as I do. Today, driving my manual toy, I found myself searching for the paddles. I want to change gears myself, but its so much easier when you can change gears with your hands on the wheel.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

This is awesome. If I had an auto I'd be in!
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 28-03-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Thanks Steve. I was happy with mine, and a few friends have been happy with theirs. But today's response was slightly better than I imagined (and we missed you, btw...)
Thanks Scott, I was also disappointed I couldn't make it.
I Trust a good time was had by all. Things should get easier soon I think.

Have a good trip mate

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 28-03-17
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
Ok I like the cool factor of this but other than that why ? Or am I missing something completely obvious?
This is a very good question, and I suspect it's a case of "you don't know what you're missing until you've tried it" - which is not to say that this mod is for everybody, but for some people, it will make a significant difference.

I drove Shorty with a manual transmission for many years, and never missed anything (other than more power, better handling and better fuel economy, but paddles don't help with that).

Before I bought my NT I had already witnessed the benefits that autos can offer under some conditions, primarily the super-fast gear changes under testing off-road conditions - try charging up a soft sand dune, and making a snap down-change when speed has dropped below peak torque. So the NT's Sports mode worked well to restore some measure of control to an automatic transmission.

But I'd experienced a Golf with the flappy paddles, and missed being able to control the transmission from the steering wheel. So the modification was originally developed primarily as a challenge, to see if it was possible. But once I started using it, I quickly realised how much more lively it made the vehicle, driving in Sports mode and using the paddles to ensure the right gear. And then I took it to the High Country, and discovered how much it changes the vehicle in the right circumstances. With fingertip control, gears can be changed up and down as often as you want, almost without thought, without removing your hands from the wheel. On some of the tracks, it's a constant balancing act to pick the right line, the right speed, the right gear. Obviously, this can be achieved in a manual, or in a standard auto, but having the ability to subconsciously change gears without moving your hands from the wheel creates a different driving experience. Better or worse is up to individual interpretation; but now that I have a vested interest I should keep quiet and let others with paddles offer their opinions.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 29-03-17
Valued Member

VERY interested. Used to have a Subaru 3.0R with flappy paddles and really miss the feature.

Does the lever need to be across in Sports for the paddles to work? Eg, in the Subi, if you were in Auto and flipped a paddle it would down shift and then after a few seconds revert back to full auto. Great for zipping through round-abouts, as you get to the round-about, flip it down a gear or two, and then as you are exiting it would revert to auto and off you'd go on your merry way.
SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.
Old 29-03-17

Incredible! Will definitely be saving up for one of those kits. Very generous of you to offer such an item mate. Hopefully I'll be sending you a pm sometime soon; we head off to the Cape again in June so preferably I'd like to sort it out before then
Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.
Old 29-03-17
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximage View Post
Does the lever need to be across in Sports for the paddles to work? Eg, in the Subi, if you were in Auto and flipped a paddle it would down shift and then after a few seconds revert back to full auto.
The Golf also worked that way, and the Mitsubishi paddles have "OFF" on the "+" paddle, so I guess factory installs work that way too. Unfortunately, my mod works in Sports mode only; I designed a circuit to do as you describe, but got lazy and installed my paddles without it.

Edit: m_and_m developed a plug & play addition to my paddle kit that provides full factory-like functionality for the paddles. Click --> Paddle-mate

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 29-03-17

Well I have a set fitted to my NW courtesy of nj swb, and I can say, that it is the best "driver feel mod" I have done to the Paj. I was a bit dubious at first, "why I already have sports mode, why do I need the paddles..?", but went ahead with it, well, because I could...
Around town I rarely used sports mode, but now find myself always using the paddles, so I decide what gear I am in (still a manual guy at heart), and the trans ecu is even nice enough to downshift to 1st and 3rd for me if I am feeling too lazy...
Offroad I always used sports mode anyway (as I said, still a manual die hard), but after 10 days in the High Country with nj, having the paddles made things so much nicer/easier.
Combine the paddles with a lock up kit, and I am as close to driving a manual as I can get
Old 29-03-17
Valued Member

Yep lock up kit will be my next mod

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!
Old 29-03-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
The Golf also worked that way, and the Mitsubishi paddles have "OFF" on the "+" paddle, so I guess factory installs work that way too. Unfortunately, my mod works in Sports mode only; I designed a circuit to do as you describe, but got lazy and installed my paddles without it.
The wife's outlander can be in sports mode with the paddles without shifting the shifter across and remains in sports mode.
Closed Thread