Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Scorpro

Scorpro Turn your Gen 4 Pajero into the sports car it should be with our Paddle Shift Kit

Old 18-12-16
Resident

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Stephen, I notice the gap at the bottom of the adaptor, where it doesn't quite meet the shoulder on the snorkel. Is that as far as it will go? It was intended to meet the shoulder, so I'm intrigued if the adaptor has "bottomed" on the top of the snorkel, or is that as far as it would go before it wedged solidly? Dicko, is yours the same? I suspect a design change may be required...

Also, I noticed you have the slot facing forward (which is understandable, as that's where it sits when the Logo is forward). The Top Spin ejects dust and dirt out of that slot; a ram effect at higher speeds may have an adverse affect on how the Top Spin works. I position mine so the slot faces backwards, working on the theory that there might be something resembling a venturi affect to help ejection at higher road speeds.

Cheers.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 18-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Thanks for the feedback folks.

Stephen, I notice the gap at the bottom of the adaptor, where it doesn't quite meet the shoulder on the snorkel. Is that as far as it will go? It was intended to meet the shoulder, so I'm intrigued if the adaptor has "bottomed" on the top of the snorkel, or is that as far as it would go before it wedged solidly? Dicko, is yours the same? I suspect a design change may be required...

Also, I noticed you have the slot facing forward (which is understandable, as that's where it sits when the Logo is forward). The Top Spin ejects dust and dirt out of that slot; a ram effect at higher speeds may have an adverse affect on how the Top Spin works. I position mine so the slot faces backwards, working on the theory that there might be something resembling a venturi affect to help ejection at higher road speeds.

Cheers.
Mine is a really good tight fir on the snorkel. I also made sure to point the small side slot to the rear as its purpose is to eject dust. I,ve taken mine off but am very happy with the fit. Mine went to the bottom for a nice clean look...reckon Stephon,s would if he used a bit more grunt.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper
Old 18-12-16
Valued Member

Default Take 2

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen - extra grunt applied along with cleaning some dirt residue off the mating faces and easing the expansion slot a little. It is a snug, almost press fit so definitely not going anywhere... Also turned the Top Spin around so slot is facing backwards, will give it a go next week on the tracks.

Cheers,
Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4411.jpg (185.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4412.jpg (187.2 KB, 45 views)
Old 18-12-16
Resident

Thanks Stephen.

I suspect I need to develop an Installation Tips sheet to include in the packaging. Any suggestions for content?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 18-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
I suspect I need to develop an Installation Tips sheet to include in the packaging. Any suggestions for content?
  • Remove existing ram head by loosening hose clamp
  • Clean snorkel mating surface
  • Install new elbow by gently opening expansion slot with medium flat blade screw driver and wiggling into place while applying downward pressure
  • Make sure elbow slides right down to snorkel step so is a flush fit
  • Install Top Spin adaptor with side slot facing rear of vehicle
  • Tighten both hose clamps until snug
Old 25-03-18
Resident

So, it's been a while since this thread last received an update, probably because not a lot has happened.

However, last year a friend asked if I could make an adaptor for his FJ Cruiser snorkel, which is significantly closer to vertical than the Pajero snorkel.

My first attempt at modifying the 3D model wasn't pretty, so I used a different approach to developing the model, which produced a much nicer result:

I was so happy with the result that I re-modelled the Pajero version:

As part of the re-model, I made a minor tweak to the taper on the Pajero version, to overcome the excessive tightness that a few have experienced.

I'm off to the High Country for Easter, where the FJ Cruiser model should get it's first test, along with the Pajero Mk 2.

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 15-07-18
Resident

After receiving some feedback from one of my first customers I realised that some of the more important information about using a Top Spin is distributed through the thread, so I've edited the first post to add the following information:

Pricing for Forum Members:
$40 plus postage for the adaptor.
$140 plus postage for the Donaldson Top Spin.
Both together, $170 plus postage. That may not seem like much of a discount, but I'm not making a lot of money on these either.

Fuel Consumption:
Use of the Top Spin is recommended for off-road / dusty conditions only. As described earlier in this thread, the Top Spin does increase fuel consumption at highway speeds - about 1 litre/100km at 100km/h. See here for a little more information.

Noise:
The Top Spin also makes significant noise when spinning at high engine loads / speeds. This is definitely a trade-off if you're travelling with the windows down.

For a brief discussion of Top Spin vs Full View pre-cleaners, see here.

Some other links in the thread are also now broken; I'll try to find current links.

Scorpro Explorer Box