Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Scorpro

Scorpro Turn your Gen 4 Pajero into the sports car it should be with our Paddle Shift Kit

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 24-11-16
Dicko1's Avatar
Dicko1 Dicko1 is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Posts: 5,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Happy to manufacture a few, and after checking the cost of the material again, I'd be happy to manufacture & sell the adaptors for $35 each, including GST, excluding freight - I currently don't know what freight would cost.

The Top Spin was another story. The guesstimated list price I was given for the Top Spin was quite optimistic - the official list price at Hitachi is $153.35 ex GST.

After some negotiation, if I buy a few at a time, I reckon I could sell a Top Spin for $135 including GST, excluding freight - again, don't currently know.

So, given that the Top Spin pricing is higher than I previously indicated, are people still interested?
I,ll take a top spin and adaptor any time your ready.

Thanks


Cant believe how good these 3d printers are.
__________________
Dicko FNQ


2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

.

Telegraph X camper
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 24-11-16
Alyosius Alyosius is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 47
Default

While I'm not anywhere near needing one of these yet (no snorkel) I am very interested in this, but more from the technical aspects as I also have and semi regularly use a 3d printer.

I assume you have used ABS? It's properties seem very suited for this task. I'm also intrigued as to how you designed it (ie what program and which way have you aligned the layers?) and what thickness you went with for the walls as I imagine there would be a fairly large dynamic force on the adapter, especially during highway driving.
__________________
2010 GLX NT
Installed: Carjoying Headunit, Hayman Reese electric brake controllers, awning, dual battery, Bushskinz guards
Awaiting installation: Rear camera, USB power outlets
Planned:
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 24-11-16
nj swb's Avatar
nj swb nj swb is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyosius View Post
While I'm not anywhere near needing one of these yet (no snorkel) I am very interested in this, but more from the technical aspects as I also have and semi regularly use a 3d printer.

I assume you have used ABS? It's properties seem very suited for this task. I'm also intrigued as to how you designed it (ie what program and which way have you aligned the layers?) and what thickness you went with for the walls as I imagine there would be a fairly large dynamic force on the adapter, especially during highway driving.
Yes, I've used ABS.

The piece was designed using Solidworks, which was more of a challenge than I'd expected. I couldn't get the sweep to follow the guide curves, hence the discontinuity visible at the top of the main section. The piece is nominally 3mm thick, give or take small amounts around where I've added fillets inside & out.

I printed the piece 15 degrees off vertical, so that my printer wouldn't try to print massive support structures. So the layers are 15 degrees off circumferential, and I then exposed the piece to an acetone vapour, which helps to bind the layers together. I haven't attempted any destructive testing of a snorkel adaptor, but the acetone vapour definitely makes a huge difference to the strength of some other small clip pieces I've made. Pieces that easily split between layers straight off the printer haven't split after treatment.

I was worried about whether this would work; I half expected to lose my Top Spin on the first day I used it. But the Top Spin itself is only 0.4kg (as opposed to the heavier Top Spin HD, at 1.2kg) - about the weight of a can of soft drink. It's been hammered over some corrugations (not Canning-like durations) without issue, and travelled several hours on the highway at 100km/h plus.

I wouldn't be offering to sell them if I expect them to fail, and I'll even offer a money-back guarantee. If one fails, I'll happily buy it back to see how it failed.

On the subject of sales, I'm still working on it. I think all the pieces are in place, just want to try a new adaptor with a new Top Spin, to confirm no nasty surprises.

__________________
NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 Toyo MT, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 24-11-16
Scouter1's Avatar
Scouter1 Scouter1 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney NSW
Posts: 936
Default

PM sent

Cheers,
Stephen
__________________
2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 26-11-16
Dicko1's Avatar
Dicko1 Dicko1 is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Posts: 5,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Yes, I've used ABS.

The piece was designed using Solidworks, which was more of a challenge than I'd expected. I couldn't get the sweep to follow the guide curves, hence the discontinuity visible at the top of the main section. The piece is nominally 3mm thick, give or take small amounts around where I've added fillets inside & out.

I printed the piece 15 degrees off vertical, so that my printer wouldn't try to print massive support structures. So the layers are 15 degrees off circumferential, and I then exposed the piece to an acetone vapour, which helps to bind the layers together. I haven't attempted any destructive testing of a snorkel adaptor, but the acetone vapour definitely makes a huge difference to the strength of some other small clip pieces I've made. Pieces that easily split between layers straight off the printer haven't split after treatment.

I was worried about whether this would work; I half expected to lose my Top Spin on the first day I used it. But the Top Spin itself is only 0.4kg (as opposed to the heavier Top Spin HD, at 1.2kg) - about the weight of a can of soft drink. It's been hammered over some corrugations (not Canning-like durations) without issue, and travelled several hours on the highway at 100km/h plus.

I wouldn't be offering to sell them if I expect them to fail, and I'll even offer a money-back guarantee. If one fails, I'll happily buy it back to see how it failed.

On the subject of sales, I'm still working on it. I think all the pieces are in place, just want to try a new adaptor with a new Top Spin, to confirm no nasty surprises.

Sounds unreal!! My time with computers is over. Got sick of them whilst being a technician. Still amazed at how these 3d printers work. Looks like a whole new world has opened up. When you get sorted let me know and I,ll happily purchase a complete unit. . There could be an opening for you to do adapters for safari snorkels and top spin as well..
__________________
Dicko FNQ


2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

.

Telegraph X camper
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 26-11-16
nj swb's Avatar
nj swb nj swb is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Sounds unreal!! My time with computers is over. Got sick of them whilst being a technician. Still amazed at how these 3d printers work. Looks like a whole new world has opened up. When you get sorted let me know and I,ll happily purchase a complete unit. . There could be an opening for you to do adapters for safari snorkels and top spin as well..
Thanks Dicko. The Top Spins went from "in stock" to "on order". Nothing ever goes according to plan...

In other news, two adaptors are ready to ship.
__________________
NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 Toyo MT, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26-11-16
Dicko1's Avatar
Dicko1 Dicko1 is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Posts: 5,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Thanks Dicko. The Top Spins went from "in stock" to "on order". Nothing ever goes according to plan...

In other news, two adaptors are ready to ship.
I,ll take one...

pm me with regards money etc and how you want to set up the top spin side of things.
cheers
__________________
Dicko FNQ


2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

.

Telegraph X camper
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 15-12-16
nj swb's Avatar
nj swb nj swb is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6,377
Default

It took a while for everything to come together, but two sets have been sold, shipped & delivered.

The fact that I haven't received any claims for a refund, I will consider a good sign.

If anybody is interested, I have a few pre-cleaners in stock, which I believe will attach directly to the Safari snorkel, with no adaptor required.
__________________
NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 Toyo MT, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 18-12-16
Scouter1's Avatar
Scouter1 Scouter1 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney NSW
Posts: 936
Default

Fitted the very professionally fabricated unit yesterday, very happy with the results. It is a snug fit on the Airtec snorkel, so very air tight & no chance of it flapping around. It make a bit of a whirring sound at higher revs so combined with the slight increase in consumption wouldn't leave it on all the time, but will definitely do the job for heavy dust roads & tracks.

Thank you Scott for going ahead with this project.

Cheers,
Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1874.jpg (176.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2550.jpg (184.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9895.jpg (184.7 KB, 37 views)
__________________
2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 18-12-16
Dicko1's Avatar
Dicko1 Dicko1 is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Posts: 5,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post
Fitted the very professionally fabricated unit yesterday, very happy with the results. It is a snug fit on the Airtec snorkel, so very air tight & no chance of it flapping around. It make a bit of a whirring sound at higher revs so combined with the slight increase in consumption wouldn't leave it on all the time, but will definitely do the job for heavy dust roads & tracks.

Thank you Scott for going ahead with this project.

Cheers,
Stephen

I,ll second that. Anything over 80kph and the thing sounds like a fully wound turbine...HOWEVER I purchased mine for several specific dirt road trips. Towing a trailer over dirt roads will not see me get above 80kph and the reduced dust into the cleaner will be a bonus..Scott did an excellent job with the 3d machine..
__________________
Dicko FNQ


2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

.

Telegraph X camper
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airtec Snorkel on to the NT CraigFox Do It Yourself Projects 16 02-11-14 11:02 AM
airtec snorkel issue anhie Generation 4-3 Pajero 0 11-04-14 06:32 PM
Airtec Snorkel billmcn Generation 4-2 Pajero 6 13-10-11 09:54 PM
PB Airtec Snorkel Ballfyboy PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 18 13-05-11 10:00 PM
Fitted my Airtec snorkel apsilon Generation 4-2 Pajero 13 19-01-10 10:30 AM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.