Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 16-01-09
Valued Member

Default SWB steel wheel group buy - interest?

Firstly, I'm not sure if group buys are allowed here. If not could one of the mods please lock/delete this.

With that out of the way this is to just gauge initial interest and numbers for SWB owners. Sorry LWB owners but I'm not aware of any 17" options at this time and this will be for 16x7" steelies which will only fit the SWB due to the smaller brakes.

So, now that I have my NT I'm looking at starting the mods and rubber is early on the list. Rather than buy rubber for the OEM 18" alloys I'm thinking I'll change to 16" wheels at the same time.

So ROH make the Trak2 30P (www.rohwheels.com.au/steelwheelstrak230p.php) which is the closest thing I can find to the +46 offset of the Pajero. I believe these will fit but will test fit to confirm before any purchase is made. NB that legally that offset while it may fit probably won't be road legal in most if not all states and territories so these will be purchased with the understanding and agreement that they are for offroad use only.

I'm waiting for ROH to confirm that they're available in the correct PCD and centre hub size or that suitable hubcentric rings are available.

If the ROH option doesn't pan out I'll be looking at a custom maker so having the numbers will still help.

For those not in Sydney you'll also need to take into account freight and steel wheels aren't light so it'll come down to if a discount is possible does it offset freight costs comapred to what you could but the same wheel for locally. Sydney siders will be able to pickup from somewhere, probably my house or work.

So who's potentially interested?
Old 27-01-09
Valued Member

Doesn't appear there's any interest in this but in case anyone is interested for finds this via search in the future.

ROH don't make anything suitable. The Trak 2 I was hoping for is only sized for the Hilux (though one of the wheel makers says having it supported only on the studs isn't an issue on steel wheels, just alloy). ROH have also said they'll "never" make a steel +46mm offset wheel and have no plans for 17" steel wheels as there's not enough volume.

I've also spoken to a few custom makers and they're not intersted either due to the low numbers (funny, I thought custom implied low volume or one off).

So it would seem it's either stick with alloy or for the shortie owners forget about locating the wheel on the hub and just support it on the studs and go with an offset that probably isn't road legal.
Old 27-01-09
Valued Member

There's a new MMA steel wheel in 17", as fitted to the LWB NT GL model. There's a thread somewhere about it, Pickle had a part number I think.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
Old 27-01-09
Valued Member

Yeah I know but they're pretty ugly and IIRC priced such that you could pretty much buy 2 after market alloys for the price of one of the MM steel.

Personally I'd also prefer 16" as they'll fit the shortie, rubber should be cheaper and a wider selection available than the 17" as well.
Old 27-01-09

The other option would be the 16" steelies fitted to standard nm np models, which may be ugly but they would certainly fit. If you were after asthetics you would'nt be looking for steelies anyway, you may be able to find a set 2nd hand somewhere
Gunmetal NS Pajero VRX DiD manual FP diff lock, ARB bar, Lightforce XGT's, KING springs in front only for now, ARB dual battery set up, 60l engel, Trailboss towbar, Achilles A/T 18's, custom STEEL side steps, beaudessert exhaust
Old 27-01-09

Default SWB Steel Wheels

Hi Folks

Suggest you speak with Shane @ Wombat Offroad (Ringwood VIC). They have correct offset Sunraysia style steel rims to suit NP & SWB NS -in both 16 & 17".
Sorry NS LWB owners will have to keep searching no steel option avail as yet

No affiliation with Wombat, just happened to make enquiry myself approx. 3 wks ago for my NP Exceed.

Good Luck
DB
Old 28-01-09

Try this company - Dynamic Wheels - they say they have the largest range of steel wheels in Oz

http://www.simex4x4.com/html/s02_art...&nav_top_id=55

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
'02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Old 28-01-09
Valued Member

I've spoken to Wombat and they don't have anything suitable, they're still trying to come up with something but given they've been trying for at least a year, I don't expect to see anything eventuate. Unfortunately the offset of the NM/NP wheels and pretty much every other wheel technically isn't road legal because from what I can work out they're all +30.

They'll physically fit but, in NSW at least, the change in track is beyond the allowed limit.

Someone here also approached Dynamic who also have nothing.

I'd be interested to see if the MM steel 17" wheels are the same +46 offset as the alloys. If they're not then it makes whatever offset they are a legal fitting for all of the modal range which would solve some legal issues. Anyone know or have access to check? If not I'll ask when I go to have mine serviced but I doubt they'll know if it's not on the computer.
Old 28-01-09
Valued Member

Hi,
I contacted wombatoffroad and the came back with below.
I thought the 17" tyres were 17x7 so will these fit?

I am looking for some rims to fit either my Mickey Thompson ATZ LTs or the standard tyres so I can have two sets.

Here is their reply
"Thank you for your email. I have 16"x7" white steel at $ 135 each
and 17"x8" black steel at $ 140 each to suit the NS SWB.

The rims are A.S. approved. The have triangle shaped holes as per the
Sunraysia type rims."
Old 29-01-09
Valued Member

I'll get in touch with them again but I'm willing to bet they've given up on trying to make/source a proper repalcement and these are the wrong (legally) offset and will be a larger centre bore so fully supported by the studs.