Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 12-02-16
Valued Member

Interesting, but I assume you would have had the original M6 nut welded in place or was it a loose nut and washer (in which case you would have had to reach under to take the tie-down off)?
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 12-02-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
Interesting, but I assume you would have had the original M6 nut welded in place or was it a loose nut and washer (in which case you would have had to reach under to take the tie-down off)?
Can't remember RE taking it off, but putting the new parts on I definitely needed to have a hand on a spanner underneath, was a pain in the butt.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 30-05-16
Valued Member

Been a while since I've updated this thread, quite a few changes have been made over the last little while.

First up, winch installed. I inherited my dads old winch as he's recently moved from his patrol to a brand new 200 series and wanted a shiny new winch to go with it (frankly probably needs a higher weight rating too heh). It's an old Warn XD9000. Hung off the front of his car for over 5 years and has seen some pretty tough conditions.

It was still working fine but I took the opportunity while it was out to do a full stripdown and regrease and I'm glad I did as it was full of sand from our Robe and Googs Track trip. Also converted it from steel wire to synthetic rope while I was at it and went right over it with some sikaflex.

Fitting to the car with the OL bar fitted wasn't too bad but it only JUST fits between the bar and the body. Little awkward to do but managed it without taking the bar off using a second set of hands.

Not particularly happy with the control box mount sticking up like that (this is using the OL control box plate) but it's been on there for a few months now and I've done nothing about it so I guess it's staying

Need to put a plate over the exposed rope as I'm lead to believe it's UV sensitive. It's on the to-do list.

Have used it for a straight line pull in testing, not yet in anger.

Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 30-05-16
Valued Member

The other mod of note has been to permanently mount my compressor. This solves the issue of where to store the bloody portable box for the compressor and also means I'm gonna be less likely to drive to a servo on low pressures as it's much quicker and easier to start airing up now. For now it's running on the same power pickup as the fridge (6mm twincore) not ideal but seeing how we go. Seems to run both fine for now as long as the car is running.

Had to make up the side wings to go on top as well as the one beside the drawers where the button and fitting is mounted to which was a bit fiddly to get right but pleased with the look now. Wing on the top lifts off to access the hose, going to modify it all down the track so the wing is hinged to make accessing the hose easier when fully loaded, also going to box in the compressor so I can store other stuff down the side without worrying about damaging the compressor.

Old 30-05-16
Valued Member

Finally, the paj has had a haircut!!

Roof top tent has come off. Likely permanently. Awning is also off at the moment but will be put back on at some point. Taking some getting used to - much harder to find in the carpark now!

Still think the RTT is one of the best solutions for touring and frequent trips but sadly we need to settle on a different solution for the future (family one day) and the fuel economy penalty was annoying me given that I don't do as frequent weekend trips anymore.

Haven't decided if I will sell it or not yet. May do once we've decided on an alternative.

Old 30-05-16
Administrator

Certainly looks different without the Rooftop. Maybe look at a Camper Trailer down the track. .
Dave
Old 30-05-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Certainly looks different without the Rooftop. Maybe look at a Camper Trailer down the track. .
Dave
Yeah thats the long term plan. Going back to the ground for now. Thinking one of those pop up tents.
Old 30-05-16
Valued Member

I know someone selling a nice Cub hard floor. (Me! LOL)
Old 30-05-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green troll View Post
I know someone selling a nice Cub hard floor. (Me! LOL)
Can't see a thread anywhere on it
Old 30-05-16

Hiya

There's another option in the short term if you're considering towing a camper..... have you thought about mounting the RTT to trailer and adding some extras to it. ?

i've seen a few of these done really well

it's an option at least

cheers,

Pug