Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 25-02-18

Default Arb long range fuel tank

Any information on the long range fuel tanks would be appreciated. Does the tank sit too low once installed?? Has the tank have enough baffles to stop the sloshing????
I would appreciate your comments.
Old 25-02-18
Resident

Hi bob,

long time reader, first time poster?

Check out this thread: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...light=ARB+fuel

For a longer read: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=56933

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 26-02-18

Had mine for 9 months now. Has done the bottom half of the Canning Stock Route plus other off road stuff. I have banged it a few times and put a scratch in it but ARB reckon its OK. You just need to be mindful of vehicle placement over obstacles and go over big stuff on the left side. I like having the comfort of the extra fuel. In the city I get high 900kms per tank and nearly 1100kms in the country (depends on load and whether towing or not).
Unless you are doing a lot of rock climbing then it is quite OK.
For me the big plus for this tank is that it keeps weight low and forward of the rear axle.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 26-02-18

Hi

I am also long time reader, first time poster and agree that as long as you are aware that the tank hangs down a bit and make allowances you should be ok. I am happy with the tank but I do a lot of country Ks so suits my needs.

Mark
Old 26-02-18
Valued Member

Weve had our arb replacement tank for around 6 months. Ithangs down a bit however50mm lifthelps. Extra capacity is great.
Hill
Old 08-05-18

Does the vehicle have to be modified in any way. I just got told the 128 litre ARB tank needs a modification plate?
Old 08-05-18

It is a modification so you need to get an approval document but ARB give you a certificate if they install it. Iím not sure what happens if you install it yourself. But it does require partial removal of a cross member so itís not a simple DIY job.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 10-05-18

Yeah I'm just worried about if the bushskinz transfer case bash plate will have enough clearance after the tank is fitted. I'm getting ARB to fit it.
Old 19-09-19

Did you figure out if the bash plates interior with tank?
Old 19-09-19
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r View Post
Does the vehicle have to be modified in any way. I just got told the 128 litre ARB tank needs a modification plate?
The LRA Aux tank installation also requires a mod/blue plate
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/