Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 05-08-14
Valued Member

Default TC.Barky's NW Adventures

Hey all,

Thought I'd keep track of my adventures in the new NW. Largely for my own benefit but also for anyone who is interested I'll try to remember to post up a couple pictures after each trip I do with a bit of a description of where it was. If anyone wants any further information just ask, always happy to talk trips

-----------------------------

First up was a quick trip to test out the 4WD system in early July 2014, the articulation and see how the rear locker/traction control systems work near Bruthen in East Gippsland. This was a basic area but it's a good little spot to test things out as it has a mix of terrain ranging from clay, dirt and hard/soft sand and a few different challenges such as moderately steep inclines/declines, soft sand hills and areas to get crossed up in. This was with about 800kms on the clock/2 weeks old. It's also where I got the first (of many) pinstripes.

Conclusion was that the car was pretty swish, the traction aids were great and the car was in serious need of a lift and a bullbar to improve clearance and approach angle (due to those stupid front mud flap things). Didn't take any pictures as it was just a little test trip but I've taken some stills from some footage I had.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrdc...Afp-8q_S2A7Hqj

Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Last edited by TC.Barky; 03-02-15 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-08-14
Valued Member

Next trip was a forum trip the following weekend that my.paj and I organised to visit the snow. This was a fun little trip, glad I had the bushskinz though Original link for the trip is here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=40000

This trip was purely about getting a few guys together and having a play in some snow. We went up to Mt Matlock via Marysville on what turned out to be a great weekend for snow cover and then shot off down the other side of the mountain for some more adventures.

I got my new paj semi-stuck for the first time on this trip. Drove off the side of the road by a few meters to line up for a photo shoot but there was a bit of water under the snow so traction was practically non-existent. Managed to get out under my own steam, just required some careful manoeuvring to get free but managed to get a bit of mud inside

Video of me getting unstuck here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTKRpInNl8

Great trip with a great bunch of blokes.

Photo by Allanmac

Photo by Allanmac

Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 06-08-14

Awesome pics!
Love the mighty Paj!
Old 16-10-14
Valued Member

Default Lerderderg Quarry Trip

4WD season will be starting up again very soon so it's time for a couple of warmup trips!

First of all was a trip to the old stone quarry in Lerderderg State Park just north of Bacchus Marsh. This is an area we visited a few times in the old NL and I've been wanting to head there to see how the new one stacks up compared to the old one.

So a few of us from the forum headed down there to have a short play in the morning. The paj was very impressive here. Starting to get a real feel for the auto and the traction aids and am starting to really change my driving style to a much more controlled, slow pace.

The quarry is a ripper of a place for testing things out, it's got a mix of climbs from easy to pretty extreme, little bit of rocks, some mud and some gnarly side angles in some spots. Below is a picture of the hardest climb. Last time we were here everyone managed to pass this obstacle (most required a couple goes) but it has become significantly more challenging since then. This time around it was only my NW that got up in our group through the marvels of traction aids. Having said that, only three cars from our group had a go this time around. I can honestly say that unless I hit it super hard to the point of risking damage I don't think the NL would have been able to clear it.

Image courtesy of my.paj

When I first approached this hill I didn't think it was going to make it, largely due to pretty mild tyres and a lack of clearance. The plan was to take a very slow approach and see how far the traction control could pull me. Impressively it just walked up with minimal fuss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLBD...qaWOlhcWFFBZdg
Video stolen from Downunder35m

After that I had to see if it was any easier with the rear diff lock. Suprisingly, it didn't make it through with the diff lock engaged! If you watch the video below, I had another go straight after with the traction control instead so we could do a direct comparison of the two systems looking from the same angle. You can see that the rear diff lock helps more initially when the rear wheel leaves the ground, but when the front right wheel lifts up there was not enough traction to push the car up (both rear wheels were free spinning) and it needed some kind of input from the front to pull it past that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9AK...qaWOlhcWFFBZdg

A fun little trip with great weather, looking forward to heading back there in a couple weeks with more people to do a full loop of the park.

Image courtesy of my.paj

Image courtesy of my.paj
Old 16-10-14

That traction control is amazing

NT 3.2 l MY09 DiD gls auto, Dual Battery,ARB Winch Bar (winch to come) Reverse Camera, Roof Racks with "Thule" pod, Airbag suspension, Fridge Slide, Fridge, UHF, Bush Skinz, Anderson plug.
Old 16-10-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemdeb View Post
That traction control is amazing
Yeah I'm very pleased with it. Love that everything can be taken as a slow controlled approach, particularly coupled with an auto behind it.
Old 16-10-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Yeah I'm very pleased with it. Love that everything can be taken as a slow controlled approach, particularly coupled with an auto behind it.
If only I was allowed to get mine dirty

NT 3.2 l MY09 DiD gls auto, Dual Battery,ARB Winch Bar (winch to come) Reverse Camera, Roof Racks with "Thule" pod, Airbag suspension, Fridge Slide, Fridge, UHF, Bush Skinz, Anderson plug.
Old 16-10-14

Looking good, cant wait to get to know the traction control better.

Old 16-10-14
Valued Member

Great stuff
Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476
Old 16-10-14
Who ya gunna call....

Quote:
Originally Posted by my.paj View Post
Looking good, cant wait to get to know the traction control better.
You don't have it. First out with the 3.8L's