Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-03-14
pasniny pasniny is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,084
Default Ns DPF passive burn solution

Gentlemen

I have finally solved the DPF passive burn problem only took me 7 years.

In the coming weeks i will have some modules up on Ebay.

It basically zeros out the counter to the dpf as you drive.
so it can't count the ks to the next burn soot loading remains at 0%

i have driven 100 ks so far and all counters are @ zero still and ECU doesn't seem to mind.

The modules will sell for around $500 each.

They not cheap however using good quality can module.

I will finalise my testing over the next few weeks and put together the instructions.

Delivery will be around 2 weeks from order.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-14
DaveE66's Avatar
DaveE66 DaveE66 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mannum SA
Posts: 562
Default

I would be interested in one. Worst thing mitsi ever did.
Drives me nuts every time thinking of all that liquid gold going straight out the exhaust for no good reason.

Regards
Dave
__________________
NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-14
TheTaipan TheTaipan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 2,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE66 View Post
I would be interested in one. Worst thing mitsi ever did.
Drives me nuts every time thinking of all that liquid gold going straight out the exhaust for no good reason.

Regards
Dave

MM aren't the only one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-03-14
TheTaipan TheTaipan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 2,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasniny View Post
Gentlemen

I have finally solved the DPF passive burn problem only took me 7 years.

In the coming weeks i will have some modules up on Ebay.

It basically zeros out the counter to the dpf as you drive.
so it can't count the ks to the next burn soot loading remains at 0%

i have driven 100 ks so far and all counters are @ zero still and ECU doesn't seem to mind.

The modules will sell for around $500 each.

They not cheap however using good quality can module.

I will finalise my testing over the next few weeks and put together the instructions.

Delivery will be around 2 weeks from order.

Fortunately I don't need one!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-03-14
Goodsy's Avatar
Goodsy Goodsy is offline
Who ya gunna call....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hervey Bay
Posts: 7,620
Default

Do you still have to have all your temp sensors in? And does the ecu mind if they are out of wack temp wise?
__________________
.Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-14
DaveE66's Avatar
DaveE66 DaveE66 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mannum SA
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaipan View Post
MM aren't the only one.
Aware of that, blame the greenies and the government. I wonder if they tested my vehicle whether they could pick up the dpf is gone and egr is blanked.
Does anybody know how much raw fuel is used and how often the burn is done.


Regards
Dave
__________________
NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,

Last edited by DaveE66; 05-03-14 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added info
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-03-14
TheTaipan TheTaipan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 2,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE66 View Post
Aware of that, blame the greenies and the government. I wonder if they tested my vehicle whether they could pick up the dpf is gone and egr is blanked.
Does anybody know how much raw fuel is used and how often the burn is done.


Regards
Dave

Actually mate the blame is fully with the European Union.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-14
DaveE66's Avatar
DaveE66 DaveE66 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mannum SA
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaipan View Post
Actually mate the blame is fully with the European Union.
Fair enough just greenies in Europe.
__________________
NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-03-14
pasniny pasniny is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsy View Post
Do you still have to have all your temp sensors in? And does the ecu mind if they are out of wack temp wise?
Everything reading factory setup all the sensors are reading
What they should

All I'm doing is clearing the kms calculation and soot loading

No soot no burn
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-14
TheTaipan TheTaipan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 2,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE66 View Post
Aware of that, blame the greenies and the government. I wonder if they tested my vehicle whether they could pick up the dpf is gone and egr is blanked.
Does anybody know how much raw fuel is used and how often the burn is done.


Regards
Dave
When I had the DPF my readout would go to around 20 to 24 litres per 100Ks. So my guess is a bloody lot.

I need an oil change after one burn as the reading on the dipstick was twice as high as it should have been.

Since the DPF removal and not having MMs update to do burns every 400Ks or so I rarely see a burn. Can't remember when the last one was.

Came back from Armidale Wednesday via the New England Hwy and the Putty Rd which has bend after bend and some steep climbs for around 140ks. Averaged 10.4 litres for the 520Ks trip.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dpf burn every 200k Stoneman Generation 4-1 Pajero 50 27-11-13 11:26 AM
DPF burn and cat Stoneman Generation 4-1 Pajero 6 06-09-13 07:55 PM
Dpf burn and turbo Ash4224 Generation 4-1 Pajero 22 08-05-13 04:15 PM
Erratic boost during DPF burn pasniny Generation 4-1 Pajero 3 14-07-12 10:49 AM
What would burn first? Mad Mac Generation 2 Pajero 4 28-03-08 01:14 AM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.