Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 03-03-14

Default Awning mounting solution

Hi guys, just picked up a tigerz awning from the recent caravan show and getting ready to mount it,but uncertain on how to go about this the awning came with 2 heavy duty style brackets that are 50mm wide, but I have Thule roof racks that are about 25mm wide.where my problem lies, is fitting bolts to the the racks as the Allen key style locking mechanism of the Thule rack has no clearance to fit either a nut or bolt head.used search to look up other members fitting guides, but no one seemed to be using the Thule style rack.am I having a blonde moment or can someone shed some light on how to do this ?
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Old 04-03-14
Valued Member

I used cup head bolts in the bars slot, you can also purchase T head bolts that fit in the slots.

Michael.
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.
Old 04-03-14
Valued Member

it doesn,t matter if your racks are 25mm wide and the brackets are 50mm wide, just drill a couple of center holes in the 50mm brackes and screw them on the 25mm racks with some stainless steel metal screws.
NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.
Old 04-03-14

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately, my Thule racks don't have slots in them to place bolts and as I tried to explain in my original post, within the channel is the bolt and carriage that operates the clamp to mount onto the factory roof bars. I'll see if I can get a pic up that might help explain it better.