Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 10-12-13

Default Another 33's thread!

Hi All,

I've been trawling the forums for a while now in regards to wheel/tyre fitment for an NL GLS. Im looking at getting some 33x11.5s or 285/75/R16 AT tyres. I've been getting my wires crossed a little bit in regards to wheel offset and the NL GLS brakes.

With a 2" lift, would the 33x11.5s or 285/75/R16s fit on the standard wheels without any rubbing issues, or should I get a set of 16x8 sunnies? with sunnies, I believe 0 offset would be good for a non GLS non blister guard gen2, but should I be looking at -10 or -20 for the NL GLS?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-12-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilrsayers View Post
Hi All,

I've been trawling the forums for a while now in regards to wheel/tyre fitment for an NL GLS. Im looking at getting some 33x11.5s or 285/75/R16 AT tyres. I've been getting my wires crossed a little bit in regards to wheel offset and the NL GLS brakes.

With a 2" lift, would the 33x11.5s or 285/75/R16s fit on the standard wheels without any rubbing issues, or should I get a set of 16x8 sunnies? with sunnies, I believe 0 offset would be good for a non GLS non blister guard gen2, but should I be looking at -10 or -20 for the NL GLS?

Thanks for your help.
I have 285/75/16s on standard rims with 1.5" lift. No rubbing at all.
Old 10-12-13

Awesome, sounds good.

Some threads have been saying that I should be looking for -13 to -23 offset, so its all been hard to follow.

Any chance you've got pics?
Old 10-12-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Awesome, sounds good.

Some threads have been saying that I should be looking for -13 to -23 offset, so its all been hard to follow.

Any chance you've got pics?
in fact i do have pics.

Last edited by Ian Sharpe; 10-12-13 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-12-13

33s with 16 inch gls... 2inch tough tog..... Never rubs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (200.5 KB, 98 views)
NL 3.5 Pajero, 33 inch federals, tough dog susp, 2 inch lift, airbags,evaKOOL fridge, inverter, solar panel, roof tent, roof lights, full audio system, 3 amps tv,DVD headrests UHF, JVC nav, mudmaps, r,camera,Bluetooth, light force pro series hid 70w aurora LED Bar, tri battery system, tigerz11 winch, foxwing,rebuilt engine, new exhaust, new alternator rewound, new radiator, new pulleys, new water pump, dual volt meters, led dash,
Safari snorkel, dual fuel tanks
Old 10-12-13

Awesome, thanks for the pics guys!

Have there been any problems with tyre shops? i've had a ring around and they're pretty hesitant to put 285's on a 16" wheel.
Old 10-12-13
Resident

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the pics guys!

Have there been any problems with tyre shops? i've had a ring around and they're pretty hesitant to put 285's on a 16" wheel.
On any 16" wheel, or your 16" wheel?

You're up against two different issues.

One is the increase in tyre diameter, which is either 15mm or 50mm, depending on the state you're in and/or the people you believe. 285/75R16 is well over the 15mm limit, and slightly over the 50mm limit (depending on who calculates the limit and/or how they do it).

Probably the bigger issue is the Tyre and Rim Association of Australia - Standards Manual. This manual is referenced in legislation, and determines what is (or isn't) a legal combination of wheel and tyre. This manual specifies (or did) that a 285/75R16 tyre requires a minimum rim width of 7.5" - factory NL GLS rims are only 7" wide, so many tyre shops will be very reluctant to fit 285s to the factory rims.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 10-12-13

I run 285/75/16 on -13 rims because my NL is on gas and my standard wheels/tyres can rub on the fuel tank filler pipe so I thought the bigger tyres would be worse.
Rick

Old 11-12-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
On any 16" wheel, or your 16" wheel?

You're up against two different issues.

One is the increase in tyre diameter, which is either 15mm or 50mm, depending on the state you're in and/or the people you believe. 285/75R16 is well over the 15mm limit, and slightly over the 50mm limit (depending on who calculates the limit and/or how they do it).

Probably the bigger issue is the Tyre and Rim Association of Australia - Standards Manual. This manual is referenced in legislation, and determines what is (or isn't) a legal combination of wheel and tyre. This manual specifies (or did) that a 285/75R16 tyre requires a minimum rim width of 7.5" - factory NL GLS rims are only 7" wide, so many tyre shops will be very reluctant to fit 285s to the factory rims.
Yes, on my standard 16x7 wheels. I am also wondering if I should get some 265/75/R16 just to keep it all cheaper/legal/easier, but i'm sure I would have regrets for not going bigger.
Old 11-12-13
Valued Member

Many tyre shops will not fit 285/75/16 on the standard GLS alloy wheels (16 x 7) & I think many of the tyre manufacturers recommend 16 x 8 wheels & as NJSWB said, 7.5 inch diameter is usually the minimum.

Personally I would not run 33's on the standard wheels & I have used both offsets; - 13 & -23 & neg 13 is perfect imo. I do run 265/75/16 A/T's on my original alloys & dont have a problem. Must admit, am surprised that Ian has no rubbing with the alloy rims.....

MUD SUCKS.