Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 18-08-13

Default Introducing... ME! haha

Hi folks, as a newbie to this page I thought Id introduce myself.
My name is Davin and Ive been living in Roxby Downs, SA for about 8 years now. Am an Electrician working at Olympic Dam Mine.
A couple weeks ago I purchased my first Mitsubishi- A 1996 NK 3.5L Auto. Its got 197*** on the clock. It cost me $5500 from a dealer and came with 12 month warranty, dual batteries, TJM alloy roof rack, TJM bull bar, and cargo barrier. Also has a set of BF Goodrich A/Ts on it (15x 30.5"). Im not sure about the suspension tho, maybe it has had a coil upgrade as it seems very high but feels incredibly stable on the road and tracks.

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg
Have already had to replace both batteries. In the near future I plan to move the cargo barrier further forward so it sits closer to the backside of the rear seats then make my own rear storage units which will have a drawer or two and will be based on the two WAECO CF-18s I have. So also I will need to install additional additional 12v outlets there aswell. ( I do like the box in this feed: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33126). Will be installing a UHF next week (next days off), i have got a GME TX3345 which I think will be good as I can hide the main unit and only have the handpiece exposed. Also plan to put a pair of HID spotties on the bull bar and a LED bar separately switched so is for Offroad use only. Some general LED field lights mounted around the roof rack is also on the cards as we have a nasty habit of setting up camp in the dark.

In the past ive had a HJ61 TD landcruiser (was a lemon) and still have my Daihatsu Feroza which has been my pride and joy for 8 years now and can be seen on the WARFS.org forum.

So far the family and I are really enjoying the Paj and plan on keeping it for many years to come.
Thanks for reading, I have been a fan of joining forums for a while now and Hope to learn alot from this one.
Old 18-08-13
Valued Member

Love the colour mate!

kms are good - wish mine were that low!

Hang around this forum - there's a lot of really good info and the people are great.

I wish you years of happy 4wding!

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust
Old 18-08-13

Looks mad as mate... Hopefully see you out on the tracks one day soon.
NL 3.5 Pajero, 33 inch federals, tough dog susp, 2 inch lift, airbags,evaKOOL fridge, inverter, solar panel, roof tent, roof lights, full audio system, 3 amps tv,DVD headrests UHF, JVC nav, mudmaps, r,camera,Bluetooth, light force pro series hid 70w aurora LED Bar, tri battery system, tigerz11 winch, foxwing,rebuilt engine, new exhaust, new alternator rewound, new radiator, new pulleys, new water pump, dual volt meters, led dash,
Safari snorkel, dual fuel tanks
Old 18-08-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK Pajero Newbie View Post
Hi folks, as a newbie to this page I thought Id introduce myself.
My name is Davin and Ive been living in Roxby Downs, SA for about 8 years now. Am an Electrician working at Olympic Dam Mine.
A couple weeks ago I purchased my first Mitsubishi- A 1996 NK 3.5L Auto. Its got 197*** on the clock. It cost me $5500 from a dealer and came with 12 month warranty, dual batteries, TJM alloy roof rack, TJM bull bar, and cargo barrier. Also has a set of BF Goodrich A/Ts on it (15x 30.5"). Im not sure about the suspension tho, maybe it has had a coil upgrade as it seems very high but feels incredibly stable on the road and tracks.

Attachment 20199

Attachment 20200
Have already had to replace both batteries. In the near future I plan to move the cargo barrier further forward so it sits closer to the backside of the rear seats then make my own rear storage units which will have a drawer or two and will be based on the two WAECO CF-18s I have. So also I will need to install additional additional 12v outlets there aswell. ( I do like the box in this feed: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33126). Will be installing a UHF next week (next days off), i have got a GME TX3345 which I think will be good as I can hide the main unit and only have the handpiece exposed. Also plan to put a pair of HID spotties on the bull bar and a LED bar separately switched so is for Offroad use only. Some general LED field lights mounted around the roof rack is also on the cards as we have a nasty habit of setting up camp in the dark.

In the past ive had a HJ61 TD landcruiser (was a lemon) and still have my Daihatsu Feroza which has been my pride and joy for 8 years now and can be seen on the WARFS.org forum.

So far the family and I are really enjoying the Paj and plan on keeping it for many years to come.
Thanks for reading, I have been a fan of joining forums for a while now and Hope to learn alot from this one.
Welcome mate you won't be disappointed with the forum, the guys on here are geniouses( unlike my spelling) and have helped me a lot.
And you got a heaps better deal than my nk , good work looks good.

Have fun trekkin
Chris
Old 19-08-13
Who ya gunna call....

G'day. Noice PJ you have picked up there. And using it.
Welcome to the forum.
Old 19-08-13

Yeah Cheers guys.

I have alot of great tracks and destinations basically at my door step.
Photos above are from on the `goat track' that leads from Adamooka around the top edge of Lake Torrens and into Farina (ruins) which is where we camped for the weekend with mates.
Also William Creek, Lake Eyre, Cooper Creek Crossing on the Birdsville Track are all within a morning tour out of Roxby Downs. Obviously Ive done it all before but not a Paj and deffinately not in an Auto. This is my first auto 4wd and already it has me wondering why I didnt do it earlier!!!

After Summer I have plans to the across the Simmo (cant wait!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_paj View Post
Love the colour mate!

!
Yep thanks Cap- the paint looks like its been either professionally resprayed recently or its been in a garage all its life.
Old 19-08-13

go the nk,s
Old 20-08-13
Valued Member

Looking good mate! Good old warfs hey? I used to be on there a lot when i had my Rocky!
Old 21-08-13

Hey Args,

depending on when you were on Warfs last you might recognise this...?

364_30200521107_1084_n.jpg

She has a few extra dents in it now tho.

Dual Batteries, heavy Springs, GME UHF, ARB steel Winch Bar, Grande 12000lb winch & Korr LED spot lights from Supercentre, 20in Tigerz11 Lightbar, 2x3m Awning, GLS 16"alloys wrapped in Hercules TeraTrac R/S, LRA 50L aux & 150L tank.
Shortened TJM alloy rack to allow Tent on the rear.

Next: install rear storage, fridge slide & work light. Also install Air Compressor & tank.
Old 21-08-13

Gday Devin . Heaps of info in this forum!

Did you find a rear windscreen for ya Paj?