Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 22-10-12
Administrator

Default Introducing the NW GLX-R

Welcome the GLX-R to the Pajero stable

Extra goodies over the MY 13 GLX are.......
Front fog lamps.
Side Steps.
Door sash blackout.
Outer door handle colour key
Outer door mirror colour key
Rear deflector
Manual rear air conditioning
And best of all....Rear Diff Lock (standard on GLX also)

No pricing on the GLX-R yet but you can expect it to be very competetive.

Old 22-10-12
Valued Member

That sounds like its exactly what i will be after next. its the rear air con that sells it for me. (well its the rear diff lock that sells it for ME, the Mrs likes the rear air con.)

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...
Old 22-10-12
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

I would be much happier if they brought in an "R" ignoring the GLX bit!!
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 22-10-12

Default New Models

Having ordered an NW VRX then not being able to have an MY12 VRX available in the colour required then being told that one would be ordered and it would be an MY13, I am extremely interested/concerned re the specs of said VRX, information is very limited! Hence my interest in what the MY 13 spec changes are.
Old 22-10-12

Probably been asked before - is it possible to get the factory diff lock fitted retrospectively? Dealer told me no...
Old 22-10-12
Valued Member

All those goodies, but no privacy glass..................
Old 22-10-12
Valued Member

If it had privacy glass it would be perfect.

Ha.... I hadn't refreshed my browser before making this post.
Great minds think alike apparently Lance!

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 22-10-12
Valued Member

So what does the GLS get that the R doesn't have. Regarding the privacy glass that I don't have on my current GLS the tinting people tell me it is useless and does nothing to keep,the heat out and it still needs a film on it.
And love the diff lock on my GLS, best $700 I spent. After a week on moreton island in the sand the diff lock was far better than traction control.
In practice I find the rear aircon not that great. It's ok but you don't get a lot of airflow out of it. We do use it because its there but with the front on the rear doesn't make a lot of difference. More useful would be a split front like the prado. Not to mention the rear aircon hangs a bit low at the back and can be damaged off road.
And the diff lock must be ordered, no chance of a dealer fiitment.

Last edited by brett; 22-10-12 at 11:14 PM.
Old 23-10-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
Regarding the privacy glass that I don't have on my current GLS the tinting people tell me it is useless and does nothing to keep,the heat out and it still needs a film on it.
I reckon the tinting people are either having a lend of you, or they don't know what they are talking about (or a bit of both). The privacy glass on the Paj blocks 95% UV, and around 65% visible and infrared light. It is made into the glass, so unlike tint can't be easily damaged by things rubbing againsts it.

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 23-10-12
Valued Member

Interesting that they have gone with the black grill, I think the blingy/shiny one looks better, but I suppose there has to be subtle points of difference.

If my NW Platinum had the diff lock it would almost be the perfect Pajero.

Funny though with the rear air, my previous two Paj's did not have it and that is when we did a lot of touring with 3 kids in the back, now they have all grown up and moved away, I have rear air with no one to use it.
NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.