Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 28-06-12

Default 2.6 Running Hot

Hey guys.. my gen 1 paj was running fine.. always on the line no matter what i was doing. thermos working fine and all.. but all of a sudden it just seams to run above the line and every week or so it gets a "notch" or about 2mm further up the guage coz it doesnt have notches. i have flushed the coolant, its a reconditioned engine, new hoses and whole new radiator. could this be the thermostat messing up? its also only really started running hotter since the weather has dropped to about 5 degrees after dark.

any help will be very appreciated! i need it fixed asap so it runs back on the line and doesnt get any hotter!

Thanx
Old 28-06-12

for the price of a thermo throw a new one in, or take it out and see what it reads.......... not the best solution in the colder months.
Old 29-06-12
Valued Member

Default post thread

Has big mik says, also question, does the heater blow hot or medium heat, when you switch it on and if you do, does the needle drop any on the dial.
Old 29-06-12

There is twin 16" thermos on a massive alloy radiator. the thermos both work fine.

The heater gets very hot.. and it also runs hot when driving not using the thermos.

basicly i dont know where to start..
Old 29-06-12
Valued Member

Default post thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig- View Post
There is twin 16" thermos on a massive alloy radiator. the thermos both work fine.

The heater gets very hot.. and it also runs hot when driving not using the thermos.

basicly i dont know where to start..
Okthen this tells us that the radiater has blockages and needs roding, so its off to a radiater place and have them get the rad out and cleaned, otherwise your going to blow the head gasket any time soon.
Old 29-06-12

water pump maybe?