Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 28-02-12

Default Factory Reversing camera installation

I was wondering if anyone has installed the factory revserving camera and internal mirror themselves. How difficult was it and where do the wires go for the mirror? Do you have to remove the hood lining to gain access or not?
2010 challenger LS manual - cool silver. ARB deluxe winch Bullbar, IPF spot light. factory towbar, Safari Snorkel, BFGoodridge All Terrans, GME TX3520 UHF, OME suspension, 9000lb Red Centre Winch, ORS Storage Drawer System, Black Widow Fridge Slide, 2 x 10" BAJA LWD Light Bars, Pro Rack Wispar Roof Rails, Hema Navigator 6, Etrex H GPS, Engel 40 L Fridge.
Old 28-02-12

I installed an ARB camera and ran the cabling tucked inside the hood down the front pillar and along the floor to the rear door. No need to remove the roof/hood lining. In doing so I came across some cables that appeared to be associated with the reversing camera however I never confirmed this.
Old 28-02-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonybabe View Post
I installed an ARB camera and ran the cabling tucked inside the hood down the front pillar and along the floor to the rear door. No need to remove the roof/hood lining. In doing so I came across some cables that appeared to be associated with the reversing camera however I never confirmed this.
What's the arb camera like? , dealer quoted me 900 for a reverse camera
Old 28-02-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
What's the arb camera like? , dealer quoted me 900 for a reverse camera
Ive only just installed it and havent connected the power. Im hoping Ill have some time this weekend to finish it off. Installation was a little tricky to get from the car body to the rear door as the OEM rubber duct was already well utilised. I also received a $1000ish quote to install OEM camera so I thought i would give the arb one a go. Got it on sale before xmas for $300 and comes with 3 year warantee if fitted by professional.
Old 29-02-12
Valued Member

$900 that's as bad as the $680 I was quoted for the OEM fog lights. You could try here for one from here O/S http://www.chinavasion.com/search?q=...ing+&Submit=GO