Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 08-12-11

Default 3.2 DiD Suction Control Valve(SCV)

Hello All,
Had some problems with the NS DID auto recently. The engine on steady acceleration would surge up and down, mostly an audible sound.
The engine also felt tired and unresponsive when the accelerator was pressed hard. After reading the forum , it was nailed down to the Suction Control Valve (SCV) on the high pressure diesel pump. It controls the suction volume of diesel into the pump, by pulsing the solenoid up to 180 cycles/second, so it is undestandable that this could be a regular maintenance item (mine only lasted 56000 km). According to the guy at MM parts it is a regular moving item ($472).
After installing a new one, I could not beleive how crisp and responsive the engine feels once again on acceleration.
Only a heads up for someone experiencing similar problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1466(2).JPG (175.9 KB, 1005 views)
Old 08-12-11

Do you think I can get MM to change ours. They will not even accept there are any issues.

Last edited by Tigernero; 09-12-11 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-12-11

I had the same problem, they replaced everything BUT the SCV from what I recall. But maybe they did. Problem did go away.
Old 09-12-11

Common rail diesels are sensitive to dirty diesel. The SCV is easily damaged by dirty diesel and so the fuel filter needs to be changed more often. The Mitsubiushi filter screens particles down to 2um, Ryco ?
How often do you guys change your diesel fuel filter on the NS?
Old 07-02-12

Default SCV Fault

I have just recently begun experiencing an annoying surging when using light or moderate accelerator use. The surging was intermittent and sometimes only light, but every now and then a bout of serious surging would occur. I thought initially that it was the EGR blanking plate, so I have been through some experimentation with various size holes in the blanking plate but all to no avail. Disconnected the Chipit module, Map sensor input to the Chipit module and returned the vehicle to virtually standard form and still this surging persisted. After a significant series of surging at moderate throttle, the engine gave a shutter and the ASC off, Stability Light and Engine Check light came on. The vehicle went into limp mode. Shut the engine down and looked at my scan gauge the stored error code was a P0089. This apparently for a Mitsubishi is a ?Suction Control Valve Stuck? error condition.
Naturally had to take the vehicle to my MMA dealer for them to come to the conclusion eventually that the Suction Control Valve is faulty and it appears that a replacement is now on order.
Extremely pleased that Pajmobil has posted a picture of what this SCV looks like, however not sure exactly where it is located in the engine bay. MMA claim it will be 2-3 hour job so wondering what mods I need to take out so they can get access without damaging anything. I get the 3rd degree sometimes about the extra labour my mods take (baseplates ,etc) to remove .

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100
Old 07-02-12

I had a similar problem between christmas and NYE. Fixed under warranty in a couple of hours, no questions asked after approx 65,000km.

I had done some research on here before taking it in, but didnt need to argue in the end...
Old 08-02-12

Were can I get a list of the fault codes for the NS Diesel Pajero. The Scanguage tells you the fault code but not what it is.
Appreciate if someone point me in the right direction

Cheers
John
Old 08-02-12

Default Scv

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevos View Post
I had a similar problem between christmas and NYE. Fixed under warranty in a couple of hours, no questions asked after approx 65,000km.
This appears somewhat interesting as my vehicle has 65,000Km on it as well, wondering if this is just a co-incidence.

As previously requested, would really appreciate any members having technical data on the location of the SCV in the engine bay to provide some input to this thread.

For Silverfox:

Try this one for Mitsubishi Specific

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...-trouble-codes

This one is OK as well

http://www.engine-codes.com/

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100
Old 08-02-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I have just recently begun experiencing an annoying surging when using light or moderate accelerator use. The surging was intermittent and sometimes only light, but every now and then a bout of serious surging would occur. I thought initially that it was the EGR blanking plate, so I have been through some experimentation with various size holes in the blanking plate but all to no avail. Disconnected the Chipit module, Map sensor input to the Chipit module and returned the vehicle to virtually standard form and still this surging persisted. After a significant series of surging at moderate throttle, the engine gave a shutter and the ASC off, Stability Light and Engine Check light came on. The vehicle went into limp mode. Shut the engine down and looked at my scan gauge the stored error code was a P0089. This apparently for a Mitsubishi is a ?Suction Control Valve Stuck? error condition.
Naturally had to take the vehicle to my MMA dealer for them to come to the conclusion eventually that the Suction Control Valve is faulty and it appears that a replacement is now on order.
Extremely pleased that Pajmobil has posted a picture of what this SCV looks like, however not sure exactly where it is located in the engine bay. MMA claim it will be 2-3 hour job so wondering what mods I need to take out so they can get access without damaging anything. I get the 3rd degree sometimes about the extra labour my mods take (baseplates ,etc) to remove .
Hello again Esteban,

The SCV is fixed onto the HP diesel pump , (battery side of engine). If you follow the outlet pipe from the diesel fuel filter to the pump , the SCV is next to this pipe.
On my unmodified paj changing this valve should take 30 minutes top's.
Old 08-02-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
This appears somewhat interesting as my vehicle has 65,000Km on it as well, wondering if this is just a co-incidence.

As previously requested, would really appreciate any members having technical data on the location of the SCV in the engine bay to provide some input to this thread.

For Silverfox:

Try this one for Mitsubishi Specific

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...-trouble-codes

This one is OK as well

http://www.engine-codes.com/

Thanks Esteban!!