Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 13-11-12
Valued Member

Lol

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact sales@chiptuning.com.au for 10% forum discount
(NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881
Old 14-11-12
Valued Member

For everyone's info. The sensor attached to the DPF isn't an O2 sensor. It is a temperature sensor. It is what the car's ECU uses to determine the DPF temperature during regeneration (burn off).

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 14-11-12

[QUOTE=Merts;249088]For everyone's info. The sensor attached to the DPF isn't an O2 sensor. It is a temperature sensor. It is what the car's ECU uses to determine the DPF temperature during regeneration (burn off).[/QUOTE

Agreed
07 NS DID VRX, 18" MT STZ's,Dual Batt,6mmsq Power to 3 Rear Outlets,Electric Brake Controller,GME UHF,Ando Plug,Bush Skinz,Engle,V-cold Beer,ARB Delux Bar,IPF's, OME lift,Nitro Charger Sport Shocks,Chipit chip,EGR block,EGT guage,Scanguage,DPF delete,Auto Lock up kit....
Old 14-11-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merts View Post
For everyone's info. The sensor attached to the DPF isn't an O2 sensor. It is a temperature sensor. It is what the car's ECU uses to determine the DPF temperature during regeneration (burn off).
Handy to know. Thanks.
Old 26-11-12

Default Delete Pipe

...to add to the comments/debate

I fitted the delete pipe over the weekend. The biggest hassle I had was getting the DPF off in the first place!!! Despite loads of WD-40 over a number of hours, no joy!!! In the end, I resorted to the blow torch!! Eventually managed to loosen the exhaust nuts after much cursing!!! The other pain in the a**e was the sensors - I managed to get the temp sensor out (again, lots of WD and a bit of heat), but the pressure sensors welded on with rust. Took the advice from a earlier threat and bypassed the pressure sensors and blocked the holes on the delete pipe.

The pipe itself fitted well. No drama's with the exhaust hangers. Shame the gaskets are not an exact fit - but I drilled extra large holes to correct the misalignment for the bolts.

All seems to be working OK - I will give it a few days and check for leaks, etc. In terms of performance, seems to have a slightly quicker pick up. I will check fuel economy over the next couple of days.

PS: The packaging included instructions, stubby holder and EGR blank plate
Old 27-11-12
Valued Member

the stubby holder is for the beer that you normally need to drink during the waiting period for the WD40 to do its thing. Maybe a blow torch is better

Paul, as a matter of interest have u done a lot of beach driving with this Paj?

Thanks for the feedback. Noted about the gaskets. Next Paj I do I will check.

Office 02 8090 1881
Old 27-11-12

Hi Robert

Not too much beach driving but a couple of trips up to the Cape "swimming' in a few of the creeks is probably the reason for rust.

Other suggestion would be to offer some blanking bolts for the two pressure sensor holes for those who bypass the sensors all together. I need to see if I can get hold of a couple - do you know the size/specs for the threat?

Having also fitted the blanking plate, I am building to the chip - just need to square it away with the Minister of Finance!!!

Kind regards, Paul
Old 27-11-12
Valued Member

with regards to the rusty pipes etc. Agreed. Mine were really tight but came free after a bit of working back and forth.

Good idea re blanking bolts. Will look into the sizes. Just away from office for a few days.

Re Chip. when you're ready ... let me know

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
Hi Robert

Not too much beach driving but a couple of trips up to the Cape "swimming' in a few of the creeks is probably the reason for rust.

Other suggestion would be to offer some blanking bolts for the two pressure sensor holes for those who bypass the sensors all together. I need to see if I can get hold of a couple - do you know the size/specs for the threat?

Having also fitted the blanking plate, I am building to the chip - just need to square it away with the Minister of Finance!!!

Kind regards, Paul

Office 02 8090 1881
Old 27-11-12

Are there any advantages of bypassing the pressure sensors as opposed to reconnecting them to the delete pipe?
Old 27-11-12
Valued Member

yes. you do not need to swear and curse getting the old ones out.

that's the only consideration here hydrox

Office 02 8090 1881