• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Canberra

Originally posted by Jemsquash View Post
    I got my delete pipe installed yesterday, I live near Chip It so I got them to install it. The car definitely feels a bit more responsive now. I equate it to the car feels a bit lighter. It is not a massive difference in performance but noticeable. I'm convinced the turbo lag is improved significantly though. I'm hoping that those panic moments where you are crossing in front of oncoming traffic with foot flat & going nowhere will be gone.

The performance improvement is a bonus for me as I got it installed because I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere with a blocked filter.

For what its worth he gave me several stubby holders
    Jem,
    After my initial problems that is exactly how I felt and how I felt the car ran.
    I think it is running better.
    I am not sure about any gains in economy but I have not done any real long drives. My longest drive to date is around 30 to40 ks but it is

The feeling of not being caught when crossing a road with oncoming traffic was one of the big gains for me as well, keeps the shorts clean.

May be Chipit. An use that in their advertising.
    " Install a DPF Delete Pipe and keep your shorts clean"

Rich

Comment

• Merts
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2011
      • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Jemsquash View Post

For what its worth he gave me several stubby holders
      several!!!!! .....

I agree totally about the car feeling more responsive, especially when accelerating from low speed. I'm also using at least 1 litre/100km less than I was with the DPF in place.
      Merts
      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Rich
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Canberra

Originally posted by Merts View Post
        several!!!!! .....

I agree totally about the car feeling more responsive, especially when accelerating from low speed. I'm also using at least 1 litre/100km less than I was with the DPF in place.
        Merts,
        You can have mine as a XMAS present I will not need it.
        Which means I either don't drink or drink to fast.

I wandered what the hell it was at first, couldn't see where it fitted. I realized later it had to be around the beer you require when you finish. As I did not do the install I did not use it.

Richard

Merry Xmas

Comment

• Chip Tuning
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          Merts,

I wandered what the hell it was at first, couldn't see where it fitted. I realized later it had to be around the beer you require when you finish.

Richard

Merry Xmas

Very funny

Merry Christmas everyone.
          Robert
          Chip Tuning

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact [email protected] for 10% forum discount
          (NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• kookaburra
            • Oct 2009
            • Port Pirie, S.A.

Fitted my Race Pipe yesterday - first impressions are good!

My 80km round trip across the southern Flinders Ranges from Pirie to Gladstone showed a 0.6l/100km improvement in economy. Power must be slightly better as the strip of road that gets me to 100km/hr normally, got me to 108km/hr yesterday.

The pressure sensor brackets issue is easily solved.
            On the rear bracket, screw the nut back on tight (to protect the thread - may want to refit DPF one day). Reposition the bracket up tight against the Race Pipe. Put a 3" Stainless hose clamp around Race Pipe and over the 'tab' of the bracket. Problem solved - no melted cable ties!

On the front bracket - just turn it 'upside down'. - it is out of the way then.

Re instructions - I didn't get any either, but if you have dealt with exhausts before a 1 hour soak with CRC / WD-40 on anything that needs to be loosened goes a long way to reducing grief. The gaskets weren't a perfect fit, but careful alignment prevented any exhaust leaks.

Cheers
            Kim
            NS GLX DID Auto. Bridgestone D694 A/T's, BushSkinz Bash Plates, Spider Performance Unit, ChipIT Race Pipe, Dual Batteries / OL Police Spec Tray / Projecta 150 Amp controller, Mits Steel Bull bar, Mits (Milford) Cargo Barrier, Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform/Rails, Mits Towing Pack / Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller, GME TX3340 UHF, Driving Lights, Long Range tank, Spare Wheel Lift kit, Polyair Springs, ORS Drawer Set and Fridge Slide, Kipoint Internal TPMS, NT manifold

Comment

• Chip Tuning
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Sydney

Instructions should be in the pipe kit. I can confirm they are there now 100%
              Robert
              Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• hydroxinol
                • Oct 2011
                • NSW

My Chip It Delete Pipe arrived this afternoon and was subsequently installed(I couldn't wait). I thought I would post up my first impressions so that others may hopefully benefit from it.

I was delighted to discover that the Race Pipe was a simple 'bolt on' job. The hangers, pressure lines and flanges all lined up perfectly. The only problem I encountered was that the holes in the gaskets provided did not line up with the exhaust studs. This is easily fixed however as the holes could be filed out larger to fit the studs. I did not have the patience for this so I reused the existing gaskets (I checked the flanges with engine running and it seems fine, no leaks).

The hardest part of the entire process was the removal of the pressure lines from the DPF and in particular the Oxygen sensor (on the top rear of the DPF). You really do have to drown all connections with copious amounts of WD40 in order to work them loose (as specified in Chip it instruction sheet provided). I still had trouble even after I had sprayed everything with WD40 each day for five days in preparation for the install. Be very careful not to round the bolt heads. If it isn't coming loose drown it in WD40, wait a while and try again. I found greater success in using a large shifter to remove these lines. This way I could get a nice tight grip on the bolt head (my 14mm spanner seemed to have a lot of play and was prone to rounding). I found it much easier to remove the O2 Sensor while the DPF was out of the vehicle. This way you have more control of your spanner on the bolt without interference of the pressure lines or vehicle parts.

I connected all the existing lines to the Race Pipe once installed and found that I didnt have to do much at all to secure the lines. I reused the rear pressure line bracket to hold both lines together and this kept everything very solid.

I took the car for a quick spin and was very impressed with the benefits. The most noticable difference is that the car definetely seems to be more responsive off the mark. The lag you used to get when accelerating from stand still has been reduced significantly. This alone would be enough to warrant the purchase of one of these. When you combine this with the improvement in fuel economy, maintenance costs (due to not having to buy low ash oils) and reduction of weight (the DPF is almost x3 the weight of the race pipe) I consider this to be a mod of excellent value.

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Sydney

nice write up
                  Robert
                  Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• cbass
                    • Nov 2011
                    • South of Perth

Thanks Robert arrived today and fitted. No more DPF worries. Very impressed.

Thank you ChipIt

Cheers cbass
                    07 NS DID VRX, 18" MT STZ's,Dual Batt,6mmsq Power to 3 Rear Outlets,Electric Brake Controller,GME UHF,Ando Plug,Bush Skinz,Engle,V-cold Beer,ARB Delux Bar,IPF's, OME lift,Nitro Charger Sport Shocks,Chipit chip,EGR block,EGT guage,Scanguage,DPF delete,Auto Lock up kit....

Comment

• cbass
                      • Nov 2011
                      • South of Perth

Thanks for the stubby holder as well, I will put to good use in a minute.

cheers cbass
                      07 NS DID VRX, 18" MT STZ's,Dual Batt,6mmsq Power to 3 Rear Outlets,Electric Brake Controller,GME UHF,Ando Plug,Bush Skinz,Engle,V-cold Beer,ARB Delux Bar,IPF's, OME lift,Nitro Charger Sport Shocks,Chipit chip,EGR block,EGT guage,Scanguage,DPF delete,Auto Lock up kit....

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2010
                        • Sydney

Lol
                        Robert
                        Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• Merts
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • Bendigo Vic

For everyone's info. The sensor attached to the DPF isn't an O2 sensor. It is a temperature sensor. It is what the car's ECU uses to determine the DPF temperature during regeneration (burn off).
                          Merts
                          Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                          Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• cbass
                            • Nov 2011
                            • South of Perth

[QUOTE=Merts;249088]For everyone's info. The sensor attached to the DPF isn't an O2 sensor. It is a temperature sensor. It is what the car's ECU uses to determine the DPF temperature during regeneration (burn off).[/QUOTE

Agreed

Comment

• hydroxinol
                              • Oct 2011
                              • NSW

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                              For everyone's info. The sensor attached to the DPF isn't an O2 sensor. It is a temperature sensor. It is what the car's ECU uses to determine the DPF temperature during regeneration (burn off).
                              Handy to know. Thanks.

Comment

• PaulF
                                • Oct 2009
                                • Mareeba

Delete Pipe

...to add to the comments/debate

I fitted the delete pipe over the weekend. The biggest hassle I had was getting the DPF off in the first place!!! Despite loads of WD-40 over a number of hours, no joy!!! In the end, I resorted to the blow torch!! Eventually managed to loosen the exhaust nuts after much cursing!!! The other pain in the a**e was the sensors - I managed to get the temp sensor out (again, lots of WD and a bit of heat), but the pressure sensors welded on with rust. Took the advice from a earlier threat and bypassed the pressure sensors and blocked the holes on the delete pipe.

The pipe itself fitted well. No drama's with the exhaust hangers. Shame the gaskets are not an exact fit - but I drilled extra large holes to correct the misalignment for the bolts.

All seems to be working OK - I will give it a few days and check for leaks, etc. In terms of performance, seems to have a slightly quicker pick up. I will check fuel economy over the next couple of days.

PS: The packaging included instructions, stubby holder and EGR blank plate

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X