Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 27-07-10
Valued Member

Default Parts rolling in now: The fitting processs has started.

Must be time to start fitting the bits and pieces.

Lighting H9 HID upgrade: 6000k 55 watt

Lightforce stalks fitted with HID kit 6000K 55 watt.

Traxide SC80
and kit for fitting h/d power to rear, 2 cig lighter points as well.
all circut breakers ect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (175.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (197.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (211.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (208.0 KB, 46 views)
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Last edited by HSV Rangie; 02-08-10 at 11:25 AM.
Old 27-07-10
Valued Member

Rangie,

How does your kit plug intot he wiring loom, mine onky had soade fittings which were suggested to be forced into the headklight plug & taped in (???).

I bought a cheap chinese pair of bulbs on Ebay & cut the tops off em & used the base, soldering in the HID wires so the bulbs were a water proof plug into the old headlight connections.'

My Photo site.
AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.
Old 02-08-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Rangie,

How does your kit plug intot he wiring loom, mine onky had soade fittings which were suggested to be forced into the headklight plug & taped in (???).

I bought a cheap chinese pair of bulbs on Ebay & cut the tops off em & used the base, soldering in the HID wires so the bulbs were a water proof plug into the old headlight connections.'

Havent had a good look as yet but I'm assuming they will have a spade terminal which will need to be rectified.

Michael
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.
Old 02-08-10
Valued Member

Started fitting D/lights on the week end, just have to get a wire for the switch, thinking about utliisng one of the fog lamp switches, as I see no need to have a switch for both surely they can be altered to one switch to turn both on then can use the other to turn on D/L, if it looks to hard then just run wire across and fit new switch.

Fitted the Phirana battery tray and swapped the start bat to it. then can fit new larger battery to original tray. sc 80 mounted on the side of new tray. (bat = allrounder MRV 70 should fit.)

ran 6bss sheathed twin core cable into the cab but not enough time to run to back so coiled under front seat at moment.

also ran the UHF ariel into cabin plus 3 extra wires for future use (relay switching).

pics asap.

Michael.
Old 02-08-10
Valued Member

Lightbulb Use a relay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV Rangie View Post
...thinking about utliisng one of the fog lamp switches, as I see no need to have a switch for both surely they can be altered to one switch to turn both on then can use the other to turn on D/L,...
Hi Michael,
If you use a another relay between switch & front-fogs that is supplied with 12V+ from Hi-beam circuit, power can then be switched to driving-light relay so that when you flick your headlights to Hi-beam, fogs will switch off & driving-lights will be on & then when dip your lights, power will go back to fogs which only need to be on with lo-beam anyway.
I've used this type of circuit in the past without any problems, so something to think about.

Cheers

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"