Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 25-06-20

Wife ordered a lock up mate on Monday around lunch time and arrived this morning. Looks like a great bit of kit, cant wait till the weekend to fit it up. Thanks Marshall
PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive
Old 25-06-20
Valued Member

Is the auto mate available for a 2008 NS DiD Auto?
2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.
Old 25-06-20
Resident

I hope Marshall will forgive me for intruding in his thread, but he's currently working hard to figure out how to meet demand for his existing products, as well as develop products for many other popular vehicles on the market.

I've asked him the same question - NS? At present, the NS is a long way down his list, because he's not seeing sufficient demand to justify moving it up his list, above many other popular vehicles. If NS owners seriously want an auto-mate, they need to post up - and it will seriously help the cause if an Adelaide owner can volunteer a vehicle for a few days for testing.

But it's all a long shot. Auto-mate is the best product on the market, and NS owners are not the only ones looking for a solution. A lot of owners need to ask, and even if a lot do, there are no guarantees.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 25-06-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
I hope Marshall will forgive me for intruding in his thread, but he's currently working hard to figure out how to meet demand for his existing products, as well as develop products for many other popular vehicles on the market.

I've asked him the same question - NS? At present, the NS is a long way down his list, because he's not seeing sufficient demand to justify moving it up his list, above many other popular vehicles. If NS owners seriously want an auto-mate, they need to post up - and it will seriously help the cause if an Adelaide owner can volunteer a vehicle for a few days for testing.

But it's all a long shot. Auto-mate is the best product on the market, and NS owners are not the only ones looking for a solution. A lot of owners need to ask, and even if a lot do, there are no guarantees.
Thanx mate, Damn
2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.
Old 25-06-20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
Thanx mate, Damn
But Lockup Mate is available for the NS.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 25-06-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
Is the auto mate available for a 2008 NS DiD Auto?
Thanks above guys for answering.
auto-mate for the NS hasn’t been developed, but yes, a lockup-mate is available. With the JATCO transmission in the NS you get the ability to lockup in 1st gear for better 4LLc downhill engine braking as a bonus that the ASIN transmission in the NT+ can’t do.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150
Old 26-06-20
Valued Member

Mate has had the lock up mate for 18 months at least and is very happy with it.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper
Old 27-06-20

Installed my Lock Up Mate on the Challenger today.

About 90 minutes from walking out the back door till i was back from the test drive.

Great instructions and nice and easy DIY.

My initial reaction is wow what a difference.

Cant wait to put some klms on it.

Thanks Marshall
PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive
Old 27-06-20

Finally got out today to try the recently installed auto mate. Did around 200 kms and initial reaction is very impressive.
I have had a lock up kit installed for over 3 years, it was a relative basic unit compared to auto mate.
The old system worked well however engine code P2764 was a regularly thing particularly when towing. This error code could often be put down to low RPM for the gear. During cold weather low Trans temperature would easily set it of. I would leave it off until temps were above 40C.
Also I installed a set of paddles recently, and with the almost instant gear change with the paddle the lock up kit could not keep up and the code would appear.
After following the development of auto mate over the past few years, I finally bit the bullet and purchased auto mate. Last week end I removed the old system and installed auto mate.
WOW its excellent compared to the old school technology.
Marshall gets 12 out of 10 for the elimination of the 1st gear quirk. What a great innovation Have not tried it out with the van attached but initial reaction is it will certainly stop that 1st gear lunge.
My main reasons for having auto mate is to control auto trans temperatures, have the ability to lock up the torque converter and ease of operating.
Well done Marshall for an excellent product

Cheers

Terry
ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Last edited by terryfirma; 27-06-20 at 06:26 PM.
Old 27-06-20
Valued Member

Hi Terry and KevsChallenger,
Well, what else can I say but ‘thanks’
No better compliment than to have someone rip out the old school tech and appreciate the new (auto-mate / lockup-mate) so much.

Feedback like yours (and likewise from so many other customers) makes all the effort worthwhile

Cheers,
Marshall
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Last edited by m_and_m; 27-06-20 at 10:36 PM.