Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Scorpro

Scorpro Turn your Gen 4 Pajero into the sports car it should be with our Paddle Shift Kit

Old 01-11-18

Hey mate, definitely interested it this, let me know how you go!

07 NS Exceed DiD -
MM Alloy Bar, BigRed 220 LED Spotties, STEDI 42" 240W Lightbar, STEDI 28" 80W Lightbar, STEDI 7" 40W LED Reverse Lightbar, Kings Awning & Rear Drawers, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell Springs 4" Lift & Bilstein Shocks, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz&Boos Protection Plates, Rhino Cross Bars + Alloy Tray, 30% Black Tinting, 3' 409 Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust,OEM NW VT13 Turbo Upgrade, HPD FMI DFI ECU Tune - 180RWHP, 600nm Torque @22psi
Old 02-11-18
Valued Member

Interested here too. My Brother is after something to allow him to hang a bag on the back of his NW.

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 13-11-18
Resident

A long over-due update.

First, I'd like to thank those who have shown an interest, and apologise for not having better news. Finding a cost-effective solution for the cosmetic covers is proving a more time-consuming process than I anticipated. Because this product has a very limited market, suppliers do not seem terribly enthusiastic about getting involved, and getting responses requires some chasing. And so far, nothing good to report.

So I'm back to the 3D printing of covers that I was hoping to avoid, and I currently only have a CAD model for NS - NW. NX covers are significantly different, larger, and won't be available any time soon. I have yet another potential solution to chase up, but if it works, it will only solve one problem at the expense of creating another.

I'm producing a test set this week; if all goes well, I'll order a batch of the metalwork late this week / early next week, and may be able to start shipping in December. Printing the covers isn't fast - best guess, I'll be lucky to produce 4 sets in a week.

Earlier in this thread I offered to sell 10 at $200 each, including a bag, plus freight. I'll keep that pricing for the first 10, but beyond that I expect it will be at least $200 excluding the bag, plus freight. As part of this week's test I'll look at how to pack for shipping, and what it cost.

I'm looking at the Adventure Kings dirty gear bag, which they will sell me at their "trade price", but they don't consolidate shipping unless I order a pallet - that's 160 of them. So as of today, I can't buy in bulk any better than their advertised sale price, and I'll be watching their website for a better deal.

So, the members who have expressed interest are:
  1. keenkean (NX - but you're on the list)
  2. Pajero12 (NW)
  3. glsgls (NX)
  4. CaptJimmy (NX - 2?)
  5. NTX (NT)
  6. baida88 (NS)
  7. JanP - via PM (NX)
  8. FishAnd4WD (NS)
  9. mrbitchi's brother (NW)
  10. pajtastic (NW)

Any questions?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Last edited by nj swb; 13-11-18 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Updating the list.
Old 13-11-18

Count me in as number 10!
Old 29-11-18
Resident

So the test set didn't go as well as hoped. The extended metalwork has introduced a minor unexpected issue, and I'm really not happy with the covers.

The good news is that I may have identified a viable solution for the covers - everything except how to mount them. And the price for tooling is better than expected, which helps with producing covers for the NX, so that is encouraging (to me).

So it's back to the drawing board, but they are getting closer - I promise.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 16-02-19

Whilst $200 is beyond my budget to mount a rubbish bag I'm interested in following your process. Curiosity killed the cat.

What problems have arisen from your current design and did you manage to find a manufacturer for the covers?
Old 16-02-19
Resident

Hi zoiks,

The underlying metalwork was relatively straight-forward. Most metalwork shops told me part of my original design wasn't manufacturable, but one company managed to do it as designed, at a competitive price.

I obtained pricing for a much larger production batch of the metalwork, and the price dropped a couple of dollars. Taking a leap of faith to manufacture this product in large volumes doesn't add up.

The biggest issue with the metalwork (other than the feature that most shops say isn't manufacturable) is matching the thread pitch of the factory bolts (on the catch side). My drawings specify diameter and pitch for the nuts to be welded on, but every manufacturer that has made metalwork, every time, has welded on "normal" metric coarse pitch nuts - not the pitch specified on the drawings. I think I need to highlight on the drawing that it isn't normal metric coarse. The hinge side is comparatively straight-forward.

Attempting to match the cover profile through measurement has proved to be a frustrating and time consuming process - I need to find somebody who can scan the factory covers to create an electronic base for creating the fill pieces going forward. I think I know the solution, but I need to pay for some tooling, and I currently have another project that is monopolising my cash flow - banks!

I could continue to print covers, but each cover set takes days to print, there is a ridiculous failure rate, and they need to be painted for UV resistance. Material, machine time (at my cost, much cheaper than commercial rates) and labour costs kill this option. This is for the NS - NW cover profile - NX profiles are larger, and will cost more to print.

Metalwork and covers are the largest part of the kit. Even if the new idea for covers works out I'll still need mounting brackets, and the kit needs to be shipped with nuts & bolts and instructions. Then there's packing and shipping, customer support, warranty claims - which all takes time & money, and I don't have the volumes to achieve the economies of scale of some of the big players in the market.

As much as we might love our Pajeros, we are a small minority. There aren't that many Pajero enthusiasts out there who are interested in purchasing this product, at any price.

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 20-02-19
Valued Member

Smile

bugger nj so it wont be moving forward atm would have like one for my next trip are well