Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Scorpro

Scorpro Turn your Gen 4 Pajero into the sports car it should be with our Paddle Shift Kit

Old 26-06-17
Resident

Default Expressions of Interest in a wheel bag kit?

As per my thread here I can make frames that will space the rear cover out by 170mm, but a solution for cosmetic covers hasn't been forthcoming.

Recent experience obtained manufacturing the Paddle Kits has also led me to conclude I was naively optimistic with pricing of the kits - manufacturing in small batches, the frame set alone is likely to be closer to $150 than $100.

I have no idea how much a decent set of covers would cost, but if I can sell a batch of frames without covers I'm happy to re-invest any profit back into exploring more options for covers - but I can't offer any guarantees.

Who would buy a 170mm frame without covers? I'm not asking anybody to pre-pay - just some genuine expressions of interest, so I can determine if I should make a batch of frames, and how many.

Or are the existing kits destined to be limited edition collectors items?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 05-10-17
Resident

On a recent trip across the Simpson with our host club I received a few enquiries about this product, so I'm looking at producing a batch of 10.

To refresh peoples' memories, the existing Limited Edition models (125mm frames) look something like:

My plan is to produce 10 sets of 170mm frames and sell them with a wheel bag and covers, for $200 + freight.

At this stage, I have no idea how I will produce the covers, but will spend some money researching solutions - worst case, I'll wear out my 3D printer to deliver orders.

So, if this is to be the deal, is there any interest?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 05-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
On a recent trip across the Simpson with our host club I received a few enquiries about this product, so I'm looking at producing a batch of 10.

To refresh peoples' memories, the existing Limited Edition models (125mm frames) look something like:

My plan is to produce 10 sets of 170mm frames and sell them with a wheel bag and covers, for $200 + freight.

At this stage, I have no idea how I will produce the covers, but will spend some money researching solutions - worst case, I'll wear out my 3D printer to deliver orders.

So, if this is to be the deal, is there any interest?

Thanks for sharing yet another project!

Put me down as interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-17

I'm also interested
MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate
Old 10-02-18
Valued Member

Smile

hey scott would be interested if it will fit a nx if not would be happy to let you take some measurements from mine thanks rob
Old 10-02-18
Resident

Hi Rob, thanks for the offer, and apologies to those who have been waiting - I've been slack.

The underlying metalwork for a 170mm frame has been designed, but I haven't started the search for a covers solution - the profile of the cover is quite complicated, the last one was a lot of trial & error to get it to a point that came close, and I think a manufacturing solution will need to copy the profiles directly rather than measure and attempt to reproduce.

I'll bump this up my priority list.

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 11-02-18

I'm definitely interested in at least one, maybe in two orders. Keep me apprised of how your travelling
Old 11-02-18
Valued Member

Interested for sure. I have my own bag though.
Old 12-02-18

also interested. i was looking at doing something like this but instead of a bag i was looking at making a maxxtrax holder and quick release type thing
2007 NS Pajero VRX, Diesel, 50mm lift + 30mm sub-frame lift, 265 70 r18 falkens at3, duel batteries, Digital egt & boost gauges, CB, Offroad nav unit, Arb bullbar+spotlights+led bar+warn 9500lb winch, Stainless steel bash plates, full length roof rack+led lights+awning, rear bash bar, Long range tank, polyair bags, on board air compressor, rear shelves and fridge slide, 3 inch exhaust, solid flywheel.
Old 16-02-18
Resident

At long last, some small progress. Files have been sent off to produce a batch of the metalwork, and I've handed over a spare plastic cover for a supplier to try matching the profile for some covers. He's fairly positive about the prospects, so fingers crossed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baida88 View Post
also interested. i was looking at doing something like this but instead of a bag i was looking at making a maxxtrax holder and quick release type thing
Yep. I've also been considering a maxxtrax mount on the rear door, but I already have enough ideas I'm not working on. There is nothing to stop anybody using the space created by this kit for any other purpose.

Have you worked out how much space you need for some maxxtrax? My original 125mm spacer is very marginal for a rubbish bag, and would be worse for anybody with a tyre lift kit (depending on kit, uses about 20mm of the 125).

Presuming the worst case of 20mm lift kit and 170mm extension frame, that leaves 150mm of space. Would that be enough to slide in some maxxtrax? Two or four?

Scorpro Explorer Box