Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-07-16
Valued Member

Small update today, OEM starter battery has been on its last legs for a while now so time for an upgrade. Been cranking very slow and losing all dash lights on cold starts. Going up to the snow next week so thought it might be prudent to change it over before then heh.

Fitted a D34 optima yellow top (N50 size) to replace it. Was a bit of a mongrel to fit actually, turns out optima in their wisdom place the battery contacts further inwards on the battery (hopefully translates to a thicker more heat resistant wall?) and because the factory terminals have extra crap coming off them at a 90 degree angle it needed an extra bit of plate to push that 90 degree corner further away from the terminals. The blokes at Piranha head office very kindly did the work (pajero club price for the battery as well woohoo) and I'm bloody glad I asked if they could chuck the battery in while I was there!

You'll notice my battery positions have been swapped, starter is in the aftermarket tray and the deep cycle aux is in the factory tray. It's a bit of a mess cabling wise, the positive and negative terminals location are opposite to the factory battery so the cables had to be crossed over and I came in at the end of the workday so I think the Piranha guys rushed it a bit, but I'm glad they did the change of the terminal. I'll do some neatening shortly.

Pretty happy with the battery, was just over 300 bucks with the club discount and its 750CCA and vibration resistant (which is the main reason I got it). Hopefully will last a few years but time will tell.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.