• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fire88
    • Nov 2013
    • melbourne

Originally posted by erad View Post
    If your battery is dropping to 11.8 V overnight, this is probably normal, depending on overnight temperatures. However, if one cell is causing this drop, it will mean that the whole battery is pulling a lot of current through to recharge it and this could be the cause of the low voltage. Can you borrow a battery from someone else and try it to see if you get 14+ volts from it? If you do, your battery is the problems, but I suspect that the alternator is your main problem.
    I have charged my 2 year-old battery on charger to full then once it's fitted into the pajero, it's dropped to 11.8V even on running.

Took the alternator to 3 different auto electric in Melbourne today, One said it's not fixable because it's computer controlled but he can confirm the alternator is faulty on his testing table.

Another shop said same story, offers the OEM one for 375$.

Then the third shop in Burwood east, the guy said he has the regulator, looks same but he needs more time to test it and make sure it's suitable.

Otherwise, I will purchase second hand from wreckers which costs around 150-250$ depends on the condition.

Comment

• fire88
      • Nov 2013
      • melbourne

Originally posted by Larppanen View Post
      Googleing with alternator part number 1800A214, I can see they are selling these for under 300 euros or USD via any web store.
      Thanks, I can find lots of OEM alternator for 200-350 on ebay, even with 5 years warranty on it.

I prefer the genuine part even it's second hand.

Comment

• fire88
        • Nov 2013
        • melbourne

it's fixed by one of auto electric shop in burwood east with genuine regulator, took me 20 minutes to put it back and running now, so far so good.

Comment

• Scooby
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2011
          • Ipswich, Qld.

If you don’t mind me asking what was the cost of parts and labour?
          Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• fire88
            • Nov 2013
            • melbourne

Originally posted by Scooby View Post
            If you don’t mind me asking what was the cost of parts and labour?
            NO prob, regulator costs 175$, labor is around about 50$

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X