• Show
Clear All
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

Pics of New NP-NW Pajero Sliders

Hi Guys,
    Thought I would post up a pic of the new Sliders fitted to the NP to start off with. Will post up some pics once I get a set on my NS.

On the NP the only thing that you need to do is trim a very minor piece of plastic at the base of the sill just before the rear tyres. This piece of plastic is hidden behind the factory steps anyway so should you wish to put the factory steps back on eg when you sell the vehicle it still looks unmodified. Trimming can easily be done with a basic hack saw or tin snips etc (tin snips leave a smoother finish on the cut) and only takes a moment. The last picture is of the plastic trimmed. These new steps compliment the looks of the NP much better then the previous design.

No trimming is required on the NS/NT/NW models.

Cheers,
    Kieron
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pearcie; 11-01-12, 09:15 PM.
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Oh Kieron, why didn't you do this first! do you trade in? The original sliders really dont suit the NP gls/exceed with factory steps fitted. Whilst they still offer the same protection, they look out of place.

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pearcie
      BushSkinz 4x4
      • Nov 2007
      • Wattagans

Hi Shane, When you trash the ones you have I'll do you a special deal

Was trying to avoid people having to trim plastics etc. as many people don't like doing it themselves, but have decided it is easy enough for people to do so have just decided to go with it. Some people will like it others won't.....

Cheers,
      Kieron
      Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• onallfour
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2010
        • Camden, Sydney

how much?
        BTW how do I get one of your stickers on my car seeing as you have a big coverage under and around my car but no brandname anywhere?
        My bull bar is covered with ARB
        snorkel with TJM
        winch with WARN
        AUX tank with BROWN DAVIS
        everything you got for me has......nothing
        c'mon you deserve a bit of advertising!
        Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• Pearcie
          BushSkinz 4x4
          • Nov 2007
          • Wattagans

Thanks mate, in the process still of getting new stickers done up. My wife is designing them but she has been flat out getting her head around MYOB lately. Need to have them done before the Newcastle camping show though so they shouldn't be too far away. So much happening all at once!!!

Decided to take this opportunity as we were out of stock to release the 2012 Pajero Intercooler and Sump guards which bring a few little changes in that they are now both going to be 4mm thick and will be able to be fitted separately. I should find out tomorrow where we are up to in terms of these coming in to stock.

Price on the Sliders to suit the NP to NW is $699.95 Delivered but can work out a bit better price for pickup.

Cheers,
          Kieron

Comment

• onallfour
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2010
            • Camden, Sydney

as usual Kieron sounds good. Should look good on my silver paj when the funds allow
            Thanks
            Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• Ranger J
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Perth, Western Australia

Kieron,

The checkerplate on the new steps - are they steel or alloy?

I see that the checkerplate is welded on, rather than the pop-rivets in the previous version.

I love the sliders over the factory steps, BUT, I'm having a few of issues with mine. Almost everytime I give the steps a bit of workout on some rocks, they tend to have too much flex in them and the rivets let go. Having to replace the rivets after each trip is becoming a PITA. A couple of horizontal braces across the length of the sliders would have prevented this IMO.

Do you have any ideas as how to better fix the alloy plate to the steel without using rivets and without creating corrosion?

Cheers,
              NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

Hi Mate,
                The new steps are steel checker plate.

I don't put cross bracing in the Pajero steps mainly because it is better to damage the step then to damage the mount on the vehicle (much cheaper to replace one step then pay someone to repair the mount).

Not sure when you got your set but after a while we started using sikaflex as well as the rivets. If you clean down the step just run a bead around the inside of the step all the way around. So long as it sticks properly this should stop it from happening. I stripped back a set of steps a while ago and it was a painful job trying to remove the checkerplate with the sikaflex holding it.

I agree the rivets don't handle the flex very well by themselves. We went to welding on steel check plate as it makes the whole thing much stronger.

Cheers,
                Kieron

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X