• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevefisho
    • Sep 2019
    • Boronia

Winch cradle.

New member I is.
    Purchased a 'factory' winch cradle (or so I was told) that fits Challenger/Triton so as to retain the alloy nudge bar.
    This cradle is an over engineered piece of kit that includes recovery points, multiple bolt securing etc.
    Going on it is a 14000 lb winch with synthetic cable.
    My vehicle is a 2015/16 Challenger LS 'end of model run out' with all the bells and whistles that Challengers have.
    Has anyone else fitted up and retained the nudge bar.
    Reasons being weight to keep GVM down as I have a (4) battery/twin solar/inverter system and I don't like bull bars.
    Regards.
    Steve.
    2015 Challenger LS auto. Grey. First reg 2017. traded up from a 2013 Triton GLXR. 265/65 R17 General Grabber on factory alloys.Twin roof top Solar, Piranha quad battery system (1 crank + 3 aux = 500 amps) 2000/4000 inverter, 70 ltr Ever-cool fridge freezer,Microwave, electric kettle, Light force 210's with extra pair of 180's should my ego take over, GME UHF.. Future additions 14000lb winch and 40mm suspension,23ZERO awning, light weight alloy wheels. Town car is a 2.2 Diesel ASX AWD
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi and welcome Steve,

To my knowledge there was not a factory winch mount availble in Australia.
    Can you post some photos or a link that shows in detail the winch mount you have purchased?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• rgrubby
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2018
      • Wellington - NZ

Will the winch fit inside the bumper? The issue I found trying to keep the nudge bar with my hidden winch (not a Challenger) was it limited the range of angle the winch rope could go
      2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• stevefisho
        • Sep 2019
        • Boronia

Last edited by stevefisho; 23-09-19, 09:08 AM. Reason: Copied straight off sellers page
        2015 Challenger LS auto. Grey. First reg 2017. traded up from a 2013 Triton GLXR. 265/65 R17 General Grabber on factory alloys.Twin roof top Solar, Piranha quad battery system (1 crank + 3 aux = 500 amps) 2000/4000 inverter, 70 ltr Ever-cool fridge freezer,Microwave, electric kettle, Light force 210's with extra pair of 180's should my ego take over, GME UHF.. Future additions 14000lb winch and 40mm suspension,23ZERO awning, light weight alloy wheels. Town car is a 2.2 Diesel ASX AWD

Comment

• stevefisho
          • Sep 2019
          • Boronia

Comment

• stevefisho
            • Sep 2019
            • Boronia

Pictures were copied straight off sellers page.
            Measurements in width are the same as the Challenger. Rear bracket patterns seem the same as well other bolt patterns.
            Heavy it is and has been attached to a Triton 2010>on before this guy got it.
            Time to get it under is short at the moment but only oddity I see so far is the actual nudge bar holes may only line up for one bolt per side.
            Had a 2013 Triton GLXR before the Challenger and i don't remember if the 2 bolts (per side) were parallel or angled like the Challenger.
            Steve.

Last edited by stevefisho; 23-09-19, 09:24 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

So where does the fairlead bolt onto?

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• stevefisho
                • Sep 2019
                • Boronia

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                So where does the fairlead bolt onto?

OJ.
                2 bolt holes each side of winch holes. I will have to fabricate a mounting as this was supposedly lost in a shed clean up.
                A couple of attachment feet and a front plate and that should do it.
                Steve.

Comment

• stevefisho
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Boronia

Started the epic fit up of this cradle.

Well it seems to sit where it's supposed to go.
                  Rear bolts are fine in same place as Alloy nudge bar steel supports.
                  Front couple are out or seem that way but not fussed as scope for secure fixtures won't be a brain explode.
                  Original brackets are discarded. Original tow hook and tie down loop have been cut off as it wouldn't even go close with them remaining.
                  Swung it up off the rear bolts and found it hard in time I had to locate cradle permanently.
                  Back to standard Alloy bar for time being with grill cut out and front end chassis rails ground back a little to accommodate width as the cradle fits into or up against the front cross rail. No alteration just ground back the dags from factory build.
                  Bolt location is a pain and local bolt supplier had no longer bolts I need for replace factory ones.. all should bolt into existing chassis threads.Seems Alloy bar will be a bit higher.

Pictures later when I finally take it on a again.

Steve

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X