Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterng View Post
I know this might seen strange..try another different brand of cranking battery and see what occurs..
Thanks for the idea but mate I've had the exact same battery from RACQ 3 times previously with no dramas.
Mitsubishi started their usual " we'll start replacing everything in a process of elimination at your expense and you'll end up thousands out of pocket and still have the same issue you started with" but logically the issue started with the "technician" using some weird electronic box connected to the UBD2 port instead of the usual power supply plugged into the 12v lighter socket - seems to have caused a problem with the ECU.
Either way I'm stuck with trying to sort a very annoying and potentially dangerous issue due to a so called expert screwing up my Pajero doing something as simple as a battery change.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacer View Post
Thanks for the idea but mate I've had the exact same battery from RACQ 3 times previously with no dramas.
Mitsubishi started their usual " we'll start replacing everything in a process of elimination at your expense and you'll end up thousands out of pocket and still have the same issue you started with" but logically the issue started with the "technician" using some weird electronic box connected to the UBD2 port instead of the usual power supply plugged into the 12v lighter socket - seems to have caused a problem with the ECU.
Either way I'm stuck with trying to sort a very annoying and potentially dangerous issue due to a so called expert screwing up my Pajero doing something as simple as a battery change.
Simple things first:
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, then re-connect? The front wheels MUST be straight ahead when doing this (or changing the battery).
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Surging brakes and vibration

The technician would have used a aux battery and connected your vehicle up to it whilst he was changing the battery..this is to limit vehicle aux systems from losing their settings...ie auto set radio stations and blue tooth settings..
As others have said..disconnect your battery completely..hold and touch the pos & neg leads together for a good 60sec..this resets the MAA factory settings for all the OEM electronic components..sort of a reboot..if you have aux items ie plug n play engine ecm mod..it might be best to disconnect it entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
The technician should would have used a aux battery and connected your vehicle up to it whilst he was changing the battery..

Fixed it for you Peter.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
The technician would have used a aux battery and connected your vehicle up to it whilst he was changing the battery..this is to limit vehicle aux systems from losing their settings...ie auto set radio stations and blue tooth settings..
As others have said..disconnect your battery completely..hold and touch the pos & neg leads together for a good 60sec..this resets the MAA factory settings for all the OEM electronic components..sort of a reboot..if you have aux items ie plug n play engine ecm mod..it might be best to disconnect it entirely.

Radio stations, bluetooth, etc. have never been reset when I have removed the battery lead on my Gen 4 Pajeros. They use the jumper battery to preserve the ECU & auto trans settings, but in this case we want to reset the ECU.

Never heard of having to touch the leads together on a car to reset the ECU - never had to do this myself & would be wary of doing it with so much expensive electronics connected to it. I certainly wouldn't do it if the car has a second battery or other power source. I simply leave the negative lead off the battery for 5 minutes (as per the workshop manual for many cars).
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
Radio stations, bluetooth, etc. have never been reset when I have removed the battery lead on my Gen 4 Pajeros. They use the jumper battery to preserve the ECU & auto trans settings, but in this case we want to reset the ECU.

Never heard of having to touch the leads together on a car to reset the ECU - never had to do this myself & would be wary of doing it with so much expensive electronics connected to it. I certainly wouldn't do it if the car has a second battery or other power source. I simply leave the negative lead off the battery for 5 minutes (as per the workshop manual for many cars).

Some manufactures vehicles when the battery is disconnected for a period of time will loose radio and Bluetooth settings..and to preserve these and ECU trans settings..aux power source is used..commodores were reknown for it..as for holding the neg and pos leads together..sounds weird but is used, besides pulling out the ECU fuse/s for a reset..yes, I would be wary resetting an ECU with the amount of aux items hanging off vehicle circuits these days including the ECU mods available today.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

I will try to disable the stability controller with the button, but if it's somthing with the abs it's no way to switch it off.
But I think it's likely to be somthing electronic because of when you brake at low speed you can feel the brake grabbing and than letting go and than grab again, but not like it's no brake just lighter breaking.

I bought new bushings for the whole backend of the car thinking it was some soft bushing giving away since it was vibrating when breaking, even after I changed the disks and pads.
But haven't changed them yet.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

You can only turn the ASC Off using the dash button.
To disable the Traction Control system you need to remove the ASCTC relay which is located under the bonnet, in the relay box on the left hand side, towards the rear of the engine bay.
I am not sure how easy or safe it is to disable the ABS system.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Okei could remove it only for testing purposes, just for elimination of where the problem is from.

The strage thing is that in speed the whole car shakes when braking, not shifting on the road but vibrates.