Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 4 Weeks Ago

I had a steinbauer module fitted early on, the car was still under warranty and it was classed as an accessorie, or so I was told it wouldn’t affect warranty claims.
Anyway, it increased performance for towing and I’m very pleased with it. I paid about the same as an ecu remap was at the time.
If was I was to do it now I think I would go for the remap, probably cheaper.
I also have egr off and catch can installed from the beginning. Get 8 l/100 km around town lower on a good freeway run at “100”. Towing full size semi off road caravan with no headwind about 15 L/ 100 km, can be up to 18 with headwind.
Pajero 2012 NW gls. ECB Bullbar, Tow pro, Steinbauer module, Polyair air bags, Uniden 2 way, spv module, Provent catch can, Yokohama Geolanda G015 AT, Narva 175 lamps, Caravan rear view monitor, Ultragauge MX.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
What if I do a dyno run before and after

with tuner checking AFR and EGT?

Then you might as well pay for a reflash, keep the original set-up on a flash drive, and have all parameters verified /adjusted on the dyno. Do it once and do it right!!
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Then you might as well pay for a reflash, keep the original set-up on a flash drive, and have all parameters verified /adjusted on the dyno. Do it once and do it right!!
Dyno run is $120 dollars plus performance chip is $180?

Those reflash essentially do the same but $1200.
Still a big price discrepancy.

Im sure reflash is gauranteed but at the same time.

Im not one to always think more expensive is better either.

Hence Im trying to learn here
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
Thankyou Muzza

What about ones that go through OBD2 and then interface the CANBUS?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-OBD2-...IAAOSw4y1dX4Al
I dont know, you would have to view parameters with it on to see what has been altered.

I had a diesel power module on my Paj for a while, it had 4 setting, and looks at boost, injector duration and rail pressure, cost me a packet to buy it, the vehicle went very well, however when towing the EGT was thru the roof, with no module my EGT will just touch 600c on a long pull with my van, however when I fitted the module in the lowest setting the EGT topped 725c, so I found myself backing off on hills, so what’s the point!

The best 2 things I have done to my Paj to date have been delete EGR and lock up mate, just my 2 cents, I reckon a big intercooler would be the go, but I have opened up my bash plate to let more air in and that has lowered my intake temps
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
I dont know, you would have to view parameters with it on to see what has been altered.

I had a diesel power module on my Paj for a while, it had 4 setting, and looks at boost, injector duration and rail pressure, cost me a packet to buy it, the vehicle went very well, however when towing the EGT was thru the roof, with no module my EGT will just touch 600c on a long pull with my van, however when I fitted the module in the lowest setting the EGT topped 725c, so I found myself backing off on hills, so what’s the point!

The best 2 things I have done to my Paj to date have been delete EGR and lock up mate, just my 2 cents, I reckon a big intercooler would be the go, but I have opened up my bash plate to let more air in and that has lowered my intake temps
Thanks Muzza.

You give excellent advice.

Yes i have the EGR delete plug. Been checking on torque pro app and EGR doesnt come on.

My car is a manual.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Recent article on subject

https://magazine.unsealed4x4.com.au/..._flash%3f.html
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Interesting conversation. I asked a few questions about ecu remapping yesterday and the guy at Cooma Diesel said stay away from remaps if you value your motor, use a quality plug in chip?

My personal opinion from all my reading is ECU flash is going to be safer (as they are done under real load conditions on a dyno unlike one company in Sydney who reflashes with a generic flash) and that article seems to say that too. Any chip that just 'tricks' the engine into giving more fuel and boost is risking your motor and transmission.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Wouldn't put any chip on a car that you value. ECU re flash done correctly on a dyno is the safest way.
HEAR, HEAR!!
What's wrong with the original car???
Have just done 9,0000k's to outback NSW, Qld, NT. Ayer's Rock etc. etc. towing a full 'van and my NW still goes like stink.
Leave well enough alone.
Greg

Last edited by gas55; 1 Week Ago at 03:30 PM.
Old 15 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas55 View Post
HEAR, HEAR!!
What's wrong with the original car???
Have just done 9,0000k's to outback NSW, Qld, NT. Ayer's Rock etc. etc. towing a full 'van and my NW still goes like stink.
Leave well enough alone.
Greg

There have been poor tunes out there too.
A poor tune plays up you cant exactly go back to factory on the fly?

a stock NW does goes well as you mentioned.
Old 12 Hours Ago

Anyone got experience to chip tuning the 3.8L V6? Agree dyno is best (by a competent dyno operator).