Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 20-09-19
Super Moderator

Thanks Ian,
Glad you are happy with the results.
In October, when you do the club weigh day if you could post the settler ride heights and accurate axle weights.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 20-09-19
Valued Member

Will do.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 16-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Thanks Ian,
Glad you are happy with the results.
In October, when you do the club weigh day if you could post the settler ride heights and accurate axle weights.

OJ.
So we did the weighing this week and with a full tank of fuel, plus the aux (58L) tank also full, 30L of water in jerry cans behind the front seat, 50kg passenger and me in the front drivers seat.

RF 625kg Ride height 520 (heights were not taken at the time of weighing, just at home today)
LF 666kg Ride height 520

Total Front axle 1291kg (allowance 1330kg = under by 39kg)

RR 823kg Ride height 555
LR 770kg Ride height 540

Total rear axle 1593kg (allowance 1780kg = under by 187kg)

Total weight 2885kg (allowance is 3030) so I'm 145 under.
But hooking up the camper with a ball weight of 180 kg means I have to loose some weight in the car, even thought the GCM would only be about 4500kg and well under the 6030 limit.

Of the 20 cars we weighed at the club, 4 were over weight. I've attached the Excel file showing the results of all the different models. Note that the Land Cruiser failed. The guy said that he has more trouble with them than any car, due to their low payload of 600kg. His fail rate on them over the time he's been doing it is 67%.

I think people just think they can buy a LC and tow anything without a worry, which is plainly wrong.

Another stat from the results is that 3 out of the 4 Nissan Patrols failed too.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Weigh Station results.xlsx (14.2 KB, 21 views)
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Last edited by Ian H; 16-11-19 at 02:51 PM.
Old 16-11-19
Super Moderator

Great info sharing Ian, it just shows how easy it is to exceed GVM.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 16-11-19
Valued Member

Does anyone know the unladen weights standard vehicle & is their any relationship between the standard fitted factory tyres & these axle weights?

Split between

Front Axle?

Rear Axle?
Old 16-11-19
Valued Member

Kerb mass of an NX Pajero is 2255kg so it has a payload of 775kg

Whether you have factory tyres, AT tyres or even heavier Mud tyres, they will add slightly to the weight on each wheel but I'd say not enough to make any difference unless you are very close to the GVM of 3030kg. It's more about what you are carrying and whether or not you are towing and have to take in to account the ball weight and add that to the rear axles. In fact you need to add more as the front rises and also contributes some weight to the rear when you hook up a trailer.
Old 16-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Kerb mass of an NX Pajero is 2255kg so it has a payload of 775kg

Whether you have factory tyres, AT tyres or even heavier Mud tyres, they will add slightly to the weight on each wheel but I'd say not enough to make any difference unless you are very close to the GVM of 3030kg. It's more about what you are carrying and whether or not you are towing and have to take in to account the ball weight and add that to the rear axles. In fact you need to add more as the front rises and also contributes some weight to the rear when you hook up a trailer.
I understand that,
I was more interested in the unladen weight over front axle & rear axle stock standard no one in car.

Not that it matters for legalities but A vehicle with A GCM of 6 tonne or in other words rated to tow A braked mass its own laden weighted mass, it is obvioulsy worked on the suspension capabilties & stock tyre capabilities although as I say that doesnt matter for legalities