Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Techniques

Techniques Winching - Recoveries - Chainsaw Safety - Proper aproach to 4wding etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-07-18
Valued Member

Interesting information kiwi1973. I don't have a ground anchor any type, but I imagine if I did ever get one it would be for sand recoveries. (I'm less likely to lose traction on hard ground in the areas I drive and if I did then there's often a tree to help out.) So far a shovel and Maxtrax have always sufficed for me, but in the situation we recently saw with Sharkcaver at Fish Creek, if you are buried up to your pumpkins in soft sand and time is of the essence (and, unlike with Shane, you are a sole vehicle) then I'm thinking a Lan-Cor might be the best solution. No doubt it takes some effort to sink the auger, but nowhere near what it takes to bury a tyre or the Deadman's apparatus. And you've probably already done a fair amount of digging under the vehicle itself,so I for one would be well and truly knackered. I'd be interested to hear from others who have used the Lan-Cor.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker