• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DT6061
    • May 2015
    • Tea Gardens

MY2015 NX build

Had this car for 2 years now but only started to set it up for touring earlier this year. Main role of the vehicle will be a tow rig, currently for 1983 13' Jayco pop top van but with a newer 17' to 19' foot van in mind, something in the low 2000 kg range and suitable for outback/remote/self sufficient touring.

Almost everything included in this car is based on something I have found on this forum or from talking with like minded mates (no Pajero owners but keen on outdoors, camping and the like). Anyway thanks to everyone and anyone who contributed by sharing their ideas.

Changes to date:
    ARB steel bullbar
    Airtek snorkel
    Dobinsons MD 2 inch lift suspension
    Airbagman airbags
    100 ah agm rear dual battery
    CTek dc-dc charger
    ARB onboard compressor
    Fyrlyt Nemisis 9000 driving lights
    Provent catch can
    Bush skins intercooler and sump guards
    Aldi roof racks and Kings 2 x 3 awning
    EGR resistor mod

Latest job was the electrics, completed over a couple of months with some help from my best mate who is a sparky but not at all keen on auto electrics.

Now just waiting on Stedi to release fog/DRL to suit the arb bar, think it's been 5 or 6 months now since these were initially meant to be available.

While running 6b&s for rear battery and compressor also rerouted the electric brake wiring and caravan fridge hotwire that was originally run under the car - this now all goes through the big grommet and runs to third row seat well under LHS door sills. Just peace of mind having this all tucked away safely even if I have no intention of any crazy rock crawling etc.
    Pics are pretty self explanatory - the Anderson plugs shown are for running 12 volt fridge and connecting solar panel, these tuck away inside third row seat mount covers when not required.
    Still need to run air connection from compressor into rear cargo area. Also will be replacing ARB air hose fittings with Nitto fittings.
    Will see how I go loading pics.
    Cheers.IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg
    Last edited by DT6061; 03-09-17, 08:10 AM. Reason: Typos
    2015 NX GLS with stuff added
  • DT6061
    • May 2015
    • Tea Gardens

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mromilio
      • Mar 2017
      • Brisbane QLD

Looks well done mate, heaps of work with the electrics.

Out of curiosity i'm looking at getting a catch can installed. would you recommend the Provent catch can? also how much are they installed?

Cheers
      2015 NX PAJERO
      COA Bashplates
      Nautia Engineering TPMS and pocket
      Hike IT S9
      RFI 3dbi aerial with Uniden UHF
      Rola flat rack 1800x1200 with low mounts
      Provent Catch
      Secondary fuel filter
      Night eye LED low beam lights
      LED Interior lights

Future plans:
      2" lift
      Falken WIldpeak AT3R 275/65/R18
      Water tank
      Wired in air compressor

*Previous NS VRX Pajero*

Comment

• DT6061
        • May 2015
        • Tea Gardens

Thanks, I think the catch can was about $330 supplied/delivered with bracket to suit the airtek snorkel. Very easy to fit, bolts in at driver side radiator mount, remove the engine cover and trim it a bit, remove and attach a couple of hoses. It seems to collect a fair bit of oil so hopefully doing the job intended. Annoyingly it leaks at the bottom of the drain hose where the tap fitting attaches so haven't been able to measure volumes trapped. I have replaced the hose clamp already but need to have another crack at it.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

No secondary filter? This was one of the most important mods to me. Rural as well as city area servos have been known dish out shitty fuel. The EGR blank as well as a Provent catch can went in from brand new on my 2014...no issues with either of them 3 years later.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• DT6061
            • May 2015
            • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
            No secondary filter? This was one of the most important mods to me. Rural as well as city area servos have been known dish out shitty fuel. The EGR blank as well as a Provent catch can went in from brand new on my 2014...no issues with either of them 3 years later.
            So far so good with fuel but secondary filter wil go in before any more remote travels. Have her resistor mod.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X