• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BorgPS17
    • Mar 2017
    • melbourne

Flip - Flop

Hi Everyone,

was watching some recovery you tube videos and saw this very simple way of wiching...

I first discovered this ingenious flip-flop winch from a YouTube demonstration by Mors Kochanski, the Godfather of bushcraft. A search of flip-flop winches o...

the name of the video is Off Grid Winch: Making a Flip Flop Winch

very cool idea i think.
    Pajero Sport QE 20016
    Smart Bar
    Boos Bash Plates
    7 inch LED Driving Lights
    Domin8R X 12,000 Winch with Rope
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

nah too much mucking around for me, i;d prefer to use my electric winch
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• RoyHarvey
      • Mar 2008
      • Adelaide

Looked like a good technique to me.

I can't foresee myself getting into a situation where I would need to use it, but I will try to remember the method just in case.
      2016 NX Pajero GLX
      Prev....2002 NM petrol passed on to SIL

Comment

• cannonsjs
        • Mar 2014
        • Melbourne

I tried this to winch a 1.5t camper up a steep driveway. The pressure the levers are under when you are doing anymore than dragging something along a level ground is immense. I gave up within a couple of minutes and went and bought a Tirfor style winch.
        This is an absolutely last resort type technique. IMO.
        2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
        2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Tied off to his bumper bar and using what looks like standard rope, yep can see that ending well with a stuck vehicle
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X