• Show
Clear All
  • PradoEater
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Oatley

New Pajero?.??

Saw this few minutes ago
    NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
    Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC
  • DJS75
    • Apr 2015
    • Gold Coast

This is the new challenger due very soon. They were toying with the idea of calling it the "Pajero Sport"

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

I think that is our challenger, just another heap of plastic IMO
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• TC.Barky
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2011
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by DJS75 View Post
        This is the new challenger due very soon. They were toying with the idea of calling it the "Pajero Sport"
        Challenger has been known as pajero sport in other markets since the first lot was released.
        MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• DJS75
          • Apr 2015
          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
          Challenger has been known as pajero sport in other markets since the first lot was released.
          Yep you are right I meant to say MMA were toying with the idea of the rebranding of the vehicle to Pajero Sport

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

From what I hear it will be Pajero Sport here .
            Honestly I hope not unless they plan on pumping it through advertisements. Challenger is unique to Oceania unless they want to re launch it.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• NTX
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Eventually? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-3Uz5Emxw
              2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• conquistador
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2012
                • sth east queensland

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                From what I hear it will be Pajero Sport here .
                Honestly I hope not unless they plan on pumping it through advertisements. Challenger is unique to Oceania unless they want to re launch it.
                Dave
                Montero or shogun sport wherever spanish is big.

Mitsubishi would love the sport to be a success. Particularly with nothing on radar with pajero. Either way in 12months time will be big news.

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

If they badge it Pajero Sport in Oz, what might that mean for Pajero?

All the bling + 8 speed auto makes me think they are re-positioning it more upmarket. I wonder if they have the money, desire or market for 2 heavy duty 4WD wagons? A new from the ground up stand alone Pajero will cost a fortune to develop whereas the Pajero Sport will have been significantly cheaper by sharing much with the Triton.

I wonder if there will be another Pajero?
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• KP3560
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Morgan SA

MY16 model arrives 1st September

Had a phone call from dealer today, our new Exceed arrives 1st September.
                    I suppose a week or so for clearance and dealer delivery.

Kevin

Comment

• erad
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Cooma NSW

Looking at the Youtube vid, I see it more as an updated Outlander rather than a genuine Pajero. Some reasons....

No Low Range .
                      There appears to be a centre diff lock switch???
                      The tailgate is straight off the old Outlander
                      Spare wheel must be underneath (if it has one at all).
                      The fuel filler is on the L side (old Pajero is on the Right).
                      The tyres (and wheels) look far too small for a real Pajero.
                      The front styling is an evolution of the MY15 Outlander (fugly in my opinion)

I know that there has been a Pajero Sport around for years overseas, and this has been based on the Challenger, but I thinnk this is not a replacement for the real Pajero. Whatever, the thinking must be swinging round to making a smaller, lighter vehicle and (perish the thought) maybe this is it???

Comment

• Merts
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by erad View Post
                        Looking at the Youtube vid, I see it more as an updated Outlander rather than a genuine Pajero. Some reasons....

No Low Range .
                        There appears to be a centre diff lock switch???
                        The tailgate is straight off the old Outlander
                        Spare wheel must be underneath (if it has one at all).
                        The fuel filler is on the L side (old Pajero is on the Right).
                        The tyres (and wheels) look far too small for a real Pajero.
                        The front styling is an evolution of the MY15 Outlander (fugly in my opinion)

I know that there has been a Pajero Sport around for years overseas, and this has been based on the Challenger, but I thinnk this is not a replacement for the real Pajero. Whatever, the thinking must be swinging round to making a smaller, lighter vehicle and (perish the thought) maybe this is it???
                        This vehicle is the new Challenger (otherwise known as Pajero Sport or Montero Sport in different markets - these aren't based on the Challenger, they are the same vehicle with a different name). It's based on the newest Triton ute.

It most certainly does have low range. It runs the Mitsubishi Super Select system, the same as in the Pajero and the higher spec Tritons, although this vehicle also has some settings for rock/sand etc which alter pedal response etc.

The tyres and wheels are at least the same size as those on the triton ute (some reports I've read suggested they are the same as the current Pajero) and it has a full size spare under the rear (again, as per the Triton).
                        Merts
                        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• dgrev
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Broken Hill

I googled "2017 Pajero", everything that comes up is for "Pajero Sport".

That is one totally fugly car. You would have to close your eyes every time you walked out the house.

Ugh.

Hopefully it is just another one of those designer day dream sessions.

Regards
                          Doug

Comment

• hardie
                            • Jul 2010
                            • Mandurah WA

don't believe these 2 are the Paj sport, if new Pajero a bit radical?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's sad news if you were hoping the next Pajero would prefer getting its nails done rather than get its hands dirty, as Mitsubishi has confirmed its next flagship SUV will maintain its off-road status as opposed to turning into a soft-roader.

Comment

• Pwoffey
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Adelaide

Looks like it was produced at the Astro Boy school of design. But nice to see someone is still thinking of a successor to the current Paj.
                              BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X