• Show
Clear All
  • captain_paj
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • Logan QLD

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
    Who are you? Clarkson.
    Actually that's May who says "rozzers"...

I've been calling them that since I was a teenager...Along with "the filth", "plod", "bobbies"...

Oh - and "pricks"...

I refer to their vehicles as "pandas" or "inverted porcupines"

They are most accurately referred to as "soldiers of commerce"
    1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• Goodsy
      Who ya gunna call....
      • Dec 2010
      • Hervey Bay

My bad. So you're a pom then?
      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• SWB ANDY
        • Dec 2011
        • melbourne

afternoon folks
        the itronics one (see link in previous post) that I purchased has gps and the shows your speed as well as your location (google maps) when played back through the bundled player, it sits neatly behind the rear view mirror and unless you really look is not obvious from both the outside and inside, came complete with a 8gb sd card, really easy set up and use. I did quite bit of looking around before purchasing and this one seemed to have the best reviews and write ups. it works that well I am considering getting a second for the pajero.
        1994 JDM 2.8TD SWB,UNIDEN UHF, 4300KG WINCH, MAXXIS BRAVO AT, ALLOY BAR, SAFARI SNORKEL, WORK IN PROGRESS

Comment

• captain_paj
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2012
          • Logan QLD

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
          My bad. So you're a pom then?
          No - I'm descended from Scots.

The Goodies and other assorted BBC shows taught me everything I needed to know...

Just like Footrot Flats taught me about New Zealand and Asterix taught me about Roman history...

Oh and Hagar the Horrible taught me about Vikings - and marriage...

And G-Force taught me about manga and hot cartoon chicks...

And Dr Who taught me about questioning the universe around me, the difference between fantasy and "reality"...

And The Young Ones about how to strap dynamite to my head.

1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• XTV
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide Hills

Dashcam update

It is over 12 months since anyone has added to this thread. Can I ask what people are now using for dashcams, and their longer term experiences with them. Particularly interested in if you can read the registration number of those who cut across the double lines around corners when heading towards you!

Comment

• smej
              • Nov 2012
              • Sydney

I'm currently running one of these:
              The Urive MD-8000P Shotgun is the first dual camera with 1080p front &720p rear. Reasonable Dual Cam option.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's pretty good, but the video is too blocky (low bit rate) so I'm looking to replace it.

Spent a few hours getting up to speed on dashcams on the weekend.

This is the only one that does everything (IMHO) that a current dashcam should do without being a complete rip off:
              • good performance day and night (full HD 1080p 30fps, 15mbps bit rate)
              • touch screen
              • built in GPS
              • parking mode
              • motion detection
              • G sensor
              • supports 256GB cards

Aussie shop: http://www.streetguardian.info/shop/...series-camera/

Comes with 3M & suction mounts, carry bag, card reader and 32GB Class 10 Toshiba SD card.

Note that parking mode also requires something like this:

I haven't got one yet so buyer beware, but here's a few sample videos (make sure you force 1080p in youtube):

Night rain

Daytime rain

Demo of optional reflection filter
              https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/v-2-0-cpl-filter-for-panorama-x2-s-g.html

There's cheaper options out there if you don't want a screen or GPS.
              Last edited by smej; 04-11-14, 04:57 PM. Reason: more info
              MY12 Plat II diesel auto, factory rear locker, tow pack, spare wheel lift, MMCS override, Tunelink audio steaming & too many plans and not enough $

Comment

• Betz
                • May 2012
                • 'stralia

I have 2 Lukas 7700Pro (one for reversing not ideal but good for safety) and both wired up to second battery to work as security cams while parked.

Some models such as the 7900 will work with OBDII to show engine speed, boost etc

They also display G force, GPS position and a heap of other stuff.

Here is a sample vid I uploaded

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

There is an ebay store or you can order directly from the korean site
                Last edited by Betz; 04-11-14, 09:18 PM.
                2001 NM 2.8tdi GL, 5 spd Manual, MM Bullbar, Dual Batt, 400w Inverter, Boo's intercooler, sump and tranny guards, Dobinsons HD raised springs, Strut/Spring spacers, Bilstein shocks, Front Aussie Locker, 255/85x16 Cooper Discoverer S/T, much more to come....

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Depends how much you want to pay really.

I purchased this one: shadow recorder gt680w

For about $100. Make sure you get the GPS option. You can playback the recording using the software supplied, for Windows, which also shows G forces, location on a street map, GPS coord and speed.
                  Can still open the recorded files on other windows software and mac etc, but you dont get the metadata like g forces displayed.

Had it for a couple of months now. Quite happy with it. Its mounted behind the 'passengers side' of the rear vision mirror...this way it wont interfere with drivers view nor the sunshades....only down side is you cant see the screen when driving, but this is not a disadvantage, as I never look at it anyway. Truely a set and forget device until you need it.

I had a motorbike overtake me whilst doing a wheelie at high speed.
                  For curiosity I decided to see it again from the recording. The number plate was difficult to make out, but I managed. Tried uploading sample to youtube, but the quality was destroyed. Link is a snapshot photo of 1 frame instead.

2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                  2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                  Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                    Depends how much you want to pay really.

I purchased this one: shadow recorder gt680w

For about $100. Make sure you get the GPS option. You can playback the recording using the software supplied, for Windows, which also shows G forces, location on a street map, GPS coord and speed.
                    Can still open the recorded files on other windows software and mac etc, but you dont get the metadata like g forces displayed.

Had it for a couple of months now. Quite happy with it. Its mounted behind the 'passengers side' of the rear vision mirror...this way it wont interfere with drivers view nor the sunshades....only down side is you cant see the screen when driving, but this is not a disadvantage, as I never look at it anyway. Truely a set and forget device until you need it.

I had a motorbike overtake me whilst doing a wheelie at high speed.
                    For curiosity I decided to see it again from the recording. The number plate was difficult to make out, but I managed. Tried uploading sample to youtube, but the quality was destroyed. Link is a snapshot photo of 1 frame instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcq7l0p0jj...07s62.pdf?dl=0

Good foto. A lot more people are going to find themselves in trouble with the law as a result of these cameras. If a copper pulls you over for speeding he only has to check your camera and he has the evidence. Happened to a motorbike rider not long ago....
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Bogger
                      Unregistered as asked
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      Good foto. A lot more people are going to find themselves in trouble with the law as a result of these cameras. If a copper pulls you over for speeding he only has to check your camera and he has the evidence. Happened to a motorbike rider not long ago....
                      I have the same camera in both vehicles ..................... there are to very easy solutions to the problem you mention above .................. one is either flip the sd card out or two is hit the format button in menu. Takes but a second.
                      On the other hand it can also prove that you may well have not been doing the speed you have been accused of
                      Not only does it give you speed but when you open it in software it even shows the road and your location at any specific time.
                      Mines already paid for itself ..................... road rage incident where the rager ended up being raged ................. ended all argument and left a liar very red faced with the constabulary. No I didn't assault him but my bull bar did re arrange his panels a little

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Yes, my cam has paid for itself too.
                        See http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=42649
                        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Get in to Target and get the ones on special at the moment. $39.00 and are 1080 HD . Don't have all the details here as I am out in the bush but got one for the daughters car and it works well.

Found the details
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            Get in to Target and get the ones on special at the moment. $39.00 and are 1080 HD . Don't have all the details here as I am out in the bush but got one for the daughters car and it works well.
                            Dave

Cheers Pickle. I will be heading there this morning. Normally I shy away from cheap electronics but after having several expensive pieces thrown out I,m gunna risk $39...probably get 2
                            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• NTX
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Has anyone passed on insane behaviour on the road to the police? I used to wonder this when I was using a particular section of the western ring road (Melb) each afternoon a few years back. I would return home each evening after working on my house and would normally see perhaps 6 or more infringements in about 7km of ring road. Seriously high speed driving, tail gate drivers, road rage, driving in service lane, etc, etc, etc. I reckon I could have raised Vicpol several $K in revenue if I had a camera and passed it on to them! I was told by an ex cop that it cannot be used, but this bloke would also tell Buzz Aldrin how he should have flown an Apollo rocket, so I would like to hear from somebody with an ego smaller then the state of Victoria on the subject.
                              2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• Dicko1
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by NTX View Post
                                Has anyone passed on insane behaviour on the road to the police? I used to wonder this when I was using a particular section of the western ring road (Melb) each afternoon a few years back. I would return home each evening after working on my house and would normally see perhaps 6 or more infringements in about 7km of ring road. Seriously high speed driving, tail gate drivers, road rage, driving in service lane, etc, etc, etc. I reckon I could have raised Vicpol several $K in revenue if I had a camera and passed it on to them! I was told by an ex cop that it cannot be used, but this bloke would also tell Buzz Aldrin how he should have flown an Apollo rocket, so I would like to hear from somebody with an ego smaller then the state of Victoria on the subject.
                                Your copper mate is wrong. Police actively state that they welcome vision of idiots on the road. Even the Current Affairs show has used camera footage to convict idiots. . Don't know if I,d dobb anyone in unless property or people/animals hurt or damaged. No one like a dobber and I reckon let the cops do their own work.
                                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X