Banned
    • Jan 2009
    • sydney

A third of Vic vehicles unsafe: study

• mr moose
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2011
    • vic, mornington peninsula

bugger the vehicles, I reckon a third of all victorian drivers are unsafe!!
    96' NK 3.5 DOHC LWB, extractors, dual batteries, ARB winch bar and SCA 9500 winch, reverse camera, spotties and lots more to come.
    Look at me

Comment

• Dazza.
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Northern Territory

Originally posted by mr moose View Post
      bugger the vehicles, I reckon a third of all victorian drivers are unsafe!!
      Isn't it funny how many bad drivers there are out there... yet I've never met anyone who claims to be a bad driver. Nearly everyone thinks they're better than average - food for thought
      COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• mr moose
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2011
        • vic, mornington peninsula

I don't stop them to find out, when I see a someone cutting lanes, speeding, failing to indicate or just being stupid on the road I tend to put as much space between them and me as possible.
        96' NK 3.5 DOHC LWB, extractors, dual batteries, ARB winch bar and SCA 9500 winch, reverse camera, spotties and lots more to come.
        Look at me

Comment

• Old Paj
          Pajero Club Life Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Heathcote, Vic

Unsafe Vehicles

Without even looking at the article, I would guess that it is put out by David Purchase of the VACC (the only organisation authorised to conduct roadworthy inspections in Vic).

It pops up in the media about every 6 months, with the push for more funds for police to do checks and that compulsory annual roadworthies should be introduced.

While I don't doubt that there are people in Vic who dont maintain their vehicles in roadworthy condition, the statistics from the police, RACV and other research organisations do not support the VACC contention that all these 33% of vehicles contribute to fatal accidents and serious injuries.

In the past the VACC has cited lists of "defects" including under or over inflated tyres, tyres worn more than 85%, chipped windscreens and such serious defects. So i would suggest that their 33% is taken with a grain of salt. Just another business/money grab by the VACC.
          NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• AJC
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • ACT

Originally posted by Dazza. View Post
            Isn't it funny how many bad drivers there are out there... yet I've never met anyone who claims to be a bad driver. Nearly everyone thinks they're better than average - food for thought
            Fom the NT, Dazza is great in a straight line, f@cked around the corners!
            Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• TheTaipan
              Banned
              • Jan 2009
              • sydney

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
              Without even looking at the article, I would guess that it is put out by David Purchase of the VACC (the only organisation authorised to conduct roadworthy inspections in Vic).

It pops up in the media about every 6 months, with the push for more funds for police to do checks and that compulsory annual roadworthies should be introduced.

While I don't doubt that there are people in Vic who dont maintain their vehicles in roadworthy condition, the statistics from the police, RACV and other research organisations do not support the VACC contention that all these 33% of vehicles contribute to fatal accidents and serious injuries.

In the past the VACC has cited lists of "defects" including under or over inflated tyres, tyres worn more than 85%, chipped windscreens and such serious defects. So i would suggest that their 33% is taken with a grain of salt. Just another business/money grab by the VACC.

Spot on mate.

"The Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) has found that 36 per cent of 2054 vehicles tested so far this year have failed a basic safety inspection.It has called for Victorian police to be given more resources to carry out random year-round vehicle inspections.
              "With the school holidays coming and as families take road trips to see friends and relatives, the chances of coming across one of these unsafe vehicles are even higher," VACC executive director David Purchase said."

Comment

• Dazza.
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Northern Territory

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                Fom the NT, Dazza is great in a straight line, f@cked around the corners!
                What's a corner?
                COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X