• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James99nl
    • Apr 2019
    • Nsw

Dash volt meter nl 3.5 sohc

Hi guys, my car all good and battery is charging correctly by alternator, my issue is with centre dash voltmeter needle guage reading too low always, some days worse then others,is this common one and anyone found fix, e.g is it a guage or connection or wiring issue? (Years ago I had a NL 2.8 itd with low oil pressure guage in centre dash even though nothing wrong with engine and new oil pressure sender from mitsu dealer fixed it, wondering if similar issue with whatever sensor etc for volt meter guage?)
    Thanks
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

the volt meter just connects to the igintion wire - it has no special sender. likely its a bad connection somewhere creating voltage drop, or the gauge is getting old and is faulty
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• James99nl
      • Apr 2019
      • Nsw

Nl voltmeter

Ok thanks mate, will do some tests

Comment

• James99nl
        • Apr 2019
        • Nsw

Nl voltmeter

Tested volts at wires at back of guage, reading a bit low to actual at batt/alt, so would say guage is ok but has supply wiring issue like you thought

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

Check the quality of the earth connection from the battery. If there is a lot of current going into the battery, the extra resistance may cause a lower reading, depending on where the measurement were taken. You should have about 13.5 volts or more whilst the engine is running.

Comment

• James99nl
            • Apr 2019
            • Nsw

Nl voltmeter

Ok thanks

Comment

• Valiant81
              • Dec 2009
              • Bracknell Tasmania

Dash volt meter nl 3.5 sohc

Hi James; With my 95 pajero had the same problems as your pajero has. Nothing wrong with the meter, i have had my own pajero for 10 years now and ended up pulling the volt meter out and fitting a digital volt meter and using the old volt scale as a mount for the digital unit. That way every thing goes back and looks like factory fitted ??

Sourced the meter through E-bay and has now been installed for over 12 Months now. The responce is now instant works a treat.

Comment

• Dongskie2
                • Dec 2016
                • Manila & Berwick

Yup, best to customize it, put as digi volt meter
                Attached Files
                Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X