• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertbruce
    • Dec 2010
    • Brisbane

Inner wheel bearings

can someone tell me if i can do the inner wheel bearings in a driveway, ie, no press required?
    Last edited by robertbruce; 10-01-12, 05:32 PM.
    Toyota 4x4 Coaster High-roof with...
    F250 series Hi-boy 4x4 drivetrain, Chev 350/T700, Dana's & Spicers, Lifted & Locked both ends, on 33r 12.5's..
    Fully Engineered & Plated ... Needs bottom-half re-paint but is fast on the highway and also likes canyons
  • jack n rory
    • Oct 2007
    • Wyndham Vale

Did mine in the garage. No press required.

Shane.
    89 NF 3L V6.
    00 NM 3.5L V6. Milford cargo barrier, Maxxis 771 A/T's, GME TX 3500, 40mm Lovell's lift....... getting there!!

Comment

• robertbruce
      • Dec 2010
      • Brisbane

mant thanks Shane - anything i should look out for
      F250 series Hi-boy 4x4 drivetrain, Chev 350/T700, Dana's & Spicers, Lifted & Locked both ends, on 33r 12.5's..
      Fully Engineered & Plated ... Needs bottom-half re-paint but is fast on the highway and also likes canyons

Comment

• jack n rory
        • Oct 2007
        • Wyndham Vale

No. Not really. If you are mechanically minded (and i am assuming you are) it is not too difficult. Basically it is just locking hubs off, take out the bits that hold the outer bearing, take out the outer bearing and pull off the disc assembly. If you clean up the assembly you can see where you can knock out the bearing cone with a punch. I did not have any problems getting the job done. The only problem that i encountered was i did not get the tension on the lock nut on the passenger side correct and it got slightly loose and i had to re-tension it. Other than that it was all good. Obviously make sure that you you do the seals as well. When i bought my bearings they came as a kit. I did all of mine at the same time inner and outer, just made sense to me. I have not mentioned things like take the wheel off and take the brake caliper off but i am pretty sure i do not need to . I hope this helps.

Shane.
        89 NF 3L V6.
        00 NM 3.5L V6. Milford cargo barrier, Maxxis 771 A/T's, GME TX 3500, 40mm Lovell's lift....... getting there!!

Comment

• robertbruce
          • Dec 2010
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by jack n rory View Post
          No. Not really. If you are mechanically minded (and i am assuming you are) it is not too difficult. Basically it is just locking hubs off, take out the bits that hold the outer bearing, take out the outer bearing and pull off the disc assembly. If you clean up the assembly you can see where you can knock out the bearing cone with a punch. I did not have any problems getting the job done. The only problem that i encountered was i did not get the tension on the lock nut on the passenger side correct and it got slightly loose and i had to re-tension it. Other than that it was all good. Obviously make sure that you you do the seals as well. When i bought my bearings they came as a kit. I did all of mine at the same time inner and outer, just made sense to me. I have not mentioned things like take the wheel off and take the brake caliper off but i am pretty sure i do not need to . I hope this helps.

Shane.
          many thanks JR

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X