• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoreliaMatt
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Adelaide

Awesome job, well done!

Its funny, i had the opposite with my other half....
    She said no way she wanted a MM bar and she would only let me get a colour coded ARB bar!

Worked for me, as thats the one i wanted anyway!!
    | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Fantastic job Jim....Congrats!

Might have to copy you!

Thanks for the detailed info and pics, very kind of you.

Lucky wife! I think it looks awesome and you don't have the weight of the steel bar...win..win!

Cheers,
      Sally
      SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• tracktime
        • Feb 2013
        • australia

that really came up great how many hours went into this and any special tools required and what skill level is required really love the fact you cant really notice it great work

Comment

• Jimbo2
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2012
          • Bendigo

Skills to make are ability to use an angle grinder well, and to be able to weld at a very good standard- bad welds will result in an awful mess and possibly failure!
          Other than that you need to be good with tools. Leave the bending to the sheetmetal shop. I'm happy to supply basic measurements if anyone wants.
          2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

• Jimbo2
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2012
            • Bendigo

Took 24 hours working time inc fitting the Bull bar. I was pretty over it by the time I finished!
            2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Jim,

Thanks for all the info - you are very kind!

Our Runva XP11 winch (with rope) is being installed on Monday.

We are also getting a tow hitch receiver made in the front (could be handy in future). The engineer is making up the winch cradle today and getting it galvanised tomorrow.

So pics and more info to follow, everyone!

Cheers,
              Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• techietom
                • Nov 2012
                • Perth

Hiya, just to confirm what I think I can see and understand from your writeup.

The winch is attached to the vehicle by the 4 bolts at the front (10mm bolts approx I'd guess).

You added some extra bracing to the front to compensate for removing the middle bracket mount for the front bar?

You reach in from the top to engage/disengage the cable release?

I couldn't work out what flange you removed that was close to the AC condenser, I suppose that was part of the Ebay tray you started with.

Great work. Looks nowhere near as difficult as I was expecting it to be though adding a receiver hitch at the front will complicate things when I eventually talk myself into doing this.

Thankyou for sharing :-)

Comment

• Jimbo2
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Bendigo

Originally posted by techietom View Post
                  Hiya, just to confirm what I think I can see and understand from your writeup.

The winch is attached to the vehicle by the 4 bolts at the front (10mm bolts approx I'd guess). Yes

You added some extra bracing to the front to compensate for removing the middle bracket mount for the front bar? Yes, its all non structural, just so it doesn't rattle

You reach in from the top to engage/disengage the cable release? Yes- works a treat

I couldn't work out what flange you removed that was close to the AC condenser, I suppose that was part of the Ebay tray you started with.
                  Yes the ebay tray was a flat "U" shape, I Changed it to a flat "z" shape so if I had a big hit in the front the flange would clear the radiator by going under it.- A bigger hit than that the bar is back to the chassis rails anyway, and a leaky radiator would be the least of your problems.

Great work. Looks nowhere near as difficult as I was expecting it to be though adding a receiver hitch at the front will complicate things when I eventually talk myself into doing this.
                  Take your time, and think it through, the result is worth it, especially when all the "experts" are looking and you flip up the number plate and there's the winch!
                  Good luck

Thankyou for sharing :-)
                  Good luck, Jim Boyer

Comment

• techietom
                    • Nov 2012
                    • Perth

Nice one thanks Jim.

Comment

• Jimbo2
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • Bendigo

Finishing Touch

Finally got around to finishing off the last details of my winch project.
                      First pic is how the numberplate, bumper, winch looks normally
                      Flip up the number plate and the fairlead is revealed with the hook tucked away.
                      A piece of elastic holds the hook in place , doesn't need much to hold it as it sits Ok anyway.
                      Push the elastic aside and the hook pulls out ready for action.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Great work Jim. Very neat and unobstrusive.

It's nice to have the winch there if you need it!

Thanks again for all your input for ours too.

Yours must be a tiny bit higher than ours - I was able to leave the number plate in place, although the cover had to go and used Altrrex clear film to protect the plate.

See below

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        Last edited by Paj People 2009; 28-12-13, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Jimbo2
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • Bendigo

Thanks Sally,
                          I could have used a slimline plate, but preferred to hide the winch.

Comment

• Boyscout
                            • Oct 2017
                            • Albion Park NSW

Originally posted by Jimbo2 View Post
                            Skills to make are ability to use an angle grinder well, and to be able to weld at a very good standard- bad welds will result in an awful mess and possibly failure!
                            Other than that you need to be good with tools. Leave the bending to the sheetmetal shop. I'm happy to supply basic measurements if anyone wants.
                            This looks amazing.
                            I would be interested in obtaining the measurements if that is still possible.

Comment

• namwens
                              • Jan 2010

a measurement drawing for this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X