Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

A dud 2020 Land Rover Discovery anyone?

So you want to buy a 2020 Land Rover Discovery
    Think again...
    John Cadogan tells a good story about the reliability of such one Land Drover Discovery vehicle...
    It has a story ending that only John can deliver..
    I think I will keep my Paj for a few years to come..
    Enjoy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1eI6cbA3dI
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
    John Cadogan tells a good story
    That’s about all he does. I’ve blocked his YouTube channel as he is a complete knob.
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Morville
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2008
      • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
      That’s about all he does. I’ve blocked his YouTube channel as he is a complete knob.
      x2
      Peter

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
        • Aug 2012
        • Brisbane, Southside

X3
        Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
        Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• gazza11
          • Aug 2017
          • Medowie NSW

X4
          NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

Whether you like his style, or not, is a personal thing.

While his whole overdone "Straya" thing grates a bit, the gist of his advice is generally sound as he tries to steer people to vehicles that are reliable and good value. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO, and it keeps him up in the rankings so he gets more business. I've been down the Land Rover route and seen some crazy things on customers' vehiles, so wouldn't be encouraging anyone to buy one either.
            Chris

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post

While his whole overdone "Straya" thing grates a bit, the gist of his advice is generally sound as he tries to steer people to vehicles that are reliable and good value. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO, and it keeps him up in the rankings so he gets more business. I've been down the Land Rover route and seen some crazy things on customers' vehiles, so wouldn't be encouraging anyone to buy one either.
              I've watched the particular clip above & read the invoices he has as well on his site.

He does have some relevant information in my opinion.

His style i'm not fond of it at all, some of his reviews have more than 200,000 views & I notice one has 1.3 million views.

Certainly a sideline income.

I know someone whom has 1% of that earning $150ish per week, so he tells me.
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• 2bad4u
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post

Problem is he doesn’t offer advice, he just bags the sh!t out of every car / manufacturer. Maybe if he had something positive to say and more useful advice instead of being a d!ck all the time, he might have even more viewers.
                Warren
                2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
                2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Pwoffey
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                  Problem is he doesn’t offer advice, he just bags the sh!t out of every car / manufacturer. Maybe if he had something positive to say and more useful advice instead of being a d!ck all the time, he might have even more viewers.
                  Well, he did advise the unlucky Disco owner to go for a Japanese/Korean car on the basis of their (generally speaking) good reliability, which is not bad advice. Perhaps to get better and more detailed advice you have to sign up for his vehicle scouting service.

I agree with many others that his style is not to my taste. On the other hand, there is an awful lot of what goes on in the car industry that begs for the crap to be knocked out of it.
                  BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

X5
                    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Pixie_au
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Queensland

- x1

I enjoy his channel.

Can't take it too seriously

He talks favourably about Mitsubishi

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Keithyv
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2018
                        • Perth

Jeez this guy is even more objectionable than last time I watched him. What’s with the lowest of low brow presentation?
                        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                          Jeez this guy is even more objectionable than last time I watched him. What’s with the lowest of low brow presentation?
                          It is is shame that JC has chosen a "populist bogan" form of delivery for valid information.
                          Maybe this is what it takes to get noticed, if so it is a sad situation.

OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

He’s not so noticed in the YouTube world with 295k subscribers ...

His language is a bit of an embarrassment... and even down grading of politics is unacceptable ... if only concentrating on a small majority is a poor effort... and his saving thousands of new car price is a joke .. I can see a deformation act coming his way in the next to near future ... they may even ban him from YouTube ... he even bags the poor guy whom bought the LR for choosing his next car .. like wtf ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• disco stu
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2018
                              • Wollongong

He could have done that video in a way that didn't imply that everyone involved with cars are douche bags! If that guy just felt wronged by LR he surely now feels like an idiot after the video also....way to alienate your customer.....

He seems to do good research and have valid info, but he just always seems to deliver in some overconfident bogan way that takes away from his credibility

I gather the guy who bought that car was looking for something classy to suit an image. The only people I know who've bought recent land rovers do it for that reason, they don't offer anything over and above anything else. To then want a Skoda seems to confirm that. I don't think he would be happy driving around in some crappy non European car

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X