• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dogtor
    • Oct 2013
    • Gold Coast

Updating MMCS maps?

2009 NT with original MMCS DVD, but noticed some of the maps are out of date. Is there a newer version? And a cheap way of getting it? I presume I could ring MM and buy one if there is, but probably pricey? If I'm going to spend money, may as well replace the whole MMCS with a better system, or look at a mapping/GPS product through my Samsung Tablet? Just easy for everyday use to use the inbuilt system.

I can't find a thread on this - please let me know if there is one already!

• Downunder35m
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2011
    • Near Melbourne

There is a 2012 version DVD image on some torrent sites, but getting the update from a dealer can be quite a task.
    Friend of mine got frustated enough so that he replaced the unit with an aftermarket solution running on Android.
    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
    Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

• Yclept
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
      Friend of mine got frustated enough so that he replaced the unit with an aftermarket solution running on Android.
      Which one did he go for?

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Downunder35m
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2011
        • Near Melbourne

No idea, it is noname brand he got from the market at Pipeworks.
        From the specs it is pretty basic, only 512mb of RAM, 640x400 resolution and a crappy radio reception.
        But it fits the dash and does job.
        No gimmicks like TMC or camera, not even a DVD player, but plays some movies from a USB stick.
        From what I have seem it is standard 2Din unit with a facia to match the look of the dash.
        You get similar units on Ebay for around 500 bucks.
        '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....

Comment

• grobinson
          • Jan 2010

Speaking of map versions, I got a MY2013 Pajero with the new MMCS and the map version in it is 2012-A. Has anyone got anything more recent?

Grant

Comment

• Downunder35m
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2011
            • Near Melbourne

There won't be anything more recent, you can expect the 2014 edition mid year.
            There will be some people asking for your DVD

Comment

• PradoEater
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Oatley

Originally posted by grobinson View Post
              Speaking of map versions, I got a MY2013 Pajero with the new MMCS and the map version in it is 2012-A. Has anyone got anything more recent?

Grant
              if you have the dvd version of MMCS theres ver19 on n.....total.com apparently is for Subaru but works on pajero MMCS my mate just update it
              NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
              Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• wongapaj
                • Oct 2011
                • Wonga Park

V20 is now released. I always wait a few weeks and their price drops to $100

NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz

Comment

• shrek4
                  • Jun 2012
                  • South East of SA

Originally posted by wongapaj View Post
                  V20 is now released. I always wait a few weeks and their price drops to $100

http://www.navigationau.com/mitsubis...ion-disks.html
                  Waiting with interest to hear how it compares to current maps.

Comment

• Jondalar
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by grobinson View Post

Grant
                    Hi Grant,

My two week old NW has a 2013.1 version map.

Cheers,

Karl
                    Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• liam
                      • Feb 2008
                      • chadstone

maps

Hi with the second edition mmcs units in the new cars the map dvd does not work in the other mmcs units , and the only way to update the maps on them
                      is to take it to a dealer and get the 2 free updates with a new car , then after that is costs you from naviextra's

Comment

• Yclept
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Sydney

The only problem is the dealers don't seem to be able to download the updates.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• liam
                          • Feb 2008
                          • chadstone

Originally posted by Yclept View Post
                          The only problem is the dealers don't seem to be able to download the updates.
                          if they know what they are doing they can , the first gen mmcs units you can buy the v20 disk from whereis but not cheap , Navigation Australia does sell them at a lower cost $150

Comment

• Yclept
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by liam View Post
                            if they know what they are doing they can , the first gen mmcs units you can buy the v20 disk from whereis but not cheap , Navigation Australia does sell them at a lower cost $150
                            But they're trained professionals, the only ones capable of properly servicing your Mitsubishi. Surely you are not calling their competence into doubt.

I'll probably rip the whole thing out before I bother paying for an update.

Cheers, Brett

Comment

• Downunder35m
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • Near Melbourne

There are downloads available for the V19 version and the HDD version has been "hacked" too, so cloning a hard drive or using a newer map from a different device can work.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X