Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

How do you know the car is doing a DPF burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisfarru
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Central Coast NSW

How do you know the car is doing a DPF burn?

I'm just curious here. I have a DPF delete but I'm sure my cars goes through its burns anyway. Every now and then I note my consumption goes up from 10-11 to 15-16 for a day or 2 and I wonder if that's when it's doing the burn. Are there any dash lights that are meant to show you?

Thanks in advance
    NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can
  • Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

Possibly doing the time distance travelled burn, i think that one is in not changed.

Shouldn't be doing the pressure build up burn, i think thats switched off.

I think it goes along those lines,

But i don't have a DPF or delete. My vehicle never came with one.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2019
      • Victoria

A regen should only take a maximum of approx 10 minutes to complete. The easy way to tell if it is trying to do one would be to use a scan tool to read the parameter.
      2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• dwright74
        • May 2008
        • Mulgrave, Victoria

the boost gauge on my scan tool goes into minus boost and it shifts roughly because of the minus boost.
        07 NS 3.2 X SWB with towbar, 17' Steel rims, Bilstein Shocks and Lovell Springs, Gun Metal Grey, ARB front and rear lockers, reduction gears, ARB colour coded deluxe bullbar, custom rear storage.

Comment

• Boo Boo
          • Aug 2012
          • Kilsyth

Your car will still do a burn with a DPF delete in because there is a Km burn programmed into the computer.
          2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• chrisfarru
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by dwright74 View Post
            the boost gauge on my scan tool goes into minus boost and it shifts roughly because of the minus boost.
            Yes that's exactly what I noted, shifts roughly almost as if it has a flat spot. Now it's back to normal. I wonder what is the distance in km gap at which it does a regen. I'll make a note next time.
            NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2019
              • Victoria

Originally posted by chrisfarru View Post
              Yes that's exactly what I noted, shifts roughly almost as if it has a flat spot. Now it's back to normal. I wonder what is the distance in km gap at which it does a regen. I'll make a note next time.

I have seen one badly choked NS requesting it at 80km intervals. Unfortuanatly the customer had just bought the car and was returning it to seller, so we never got to see an outcome, or get much more data from it
              2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• dwright74
                • May 2008
                • Mulgrave, Victoria

Originally posted by chrisfarru View Post
                Mines about every 300km
                07 NS 3.2 X SWB with towbar, 17' Steel rims, Bilstein Shocks and Lovell Springs, Gun Metal Grey, ARB front and rear lockers, reduction gears, ARB colour coded deluxe bullbar, custom rear storage.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X