• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesavage
    • Dec 2019
    • Rivervale

MY18 EXU Remap Perth

Hi there,

Looking for recommendations of a Perth tuning service provider with a reliable reputation to perform an ECU re-map on my MY18 NX Pajero. A google search reveals half a dozen or so but would like to hear your experiences with them, how does your Pajero run now etc.
  • Higgo
    • Jul 2020
    • Marsden

I recently had a towing tune done on my 2018 Nx GLX and went from 151nm to 186nm torque and it has been fantastic. Way more power, much better on fuel now down 2l/100km.

Do it, you will NOT regret it. Stay away from the chip systems. I am in brisbane so no help for recommendations.

Comment

• Higgo
      • Jul 2020
      • Marsden

oh, also mske sure they do the EGR delete as a part of the tune!

Comment

• Keithyv
        Valued Member
        • May 2018
        • Perth

Higgo, was that in conjunction with any other changes, i.e. exhaust or just simply a 'tune' ?
        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Not a Challenger but I had my Ranger done at Infinitech Tuning in Wangara. I asked for reliable low down power with better throttle response and that's what I got. 22% more power and 39% more torque. Done over 50,000km since and it has been fantastic. They also electronically deleted the EGR (the reason I got the tune was to sort an EGR issue).
          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Mundy55
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Higgo View Post
            I recently had a towing tune done on my 2018 Nx GLX and went from 151nm to 186nm torque and it has been fantastic. Way more power, much better on fuel now down 2l/100km.

Do it, you will NOT regret it. Stay away from the chip systems. I am in brisbane so no help for recommendations.
            What is a towing tune and where did you get it done, please (I am in the Gold Coast).

Comment

• Uxxo
              • Oct 2017
              • Perth

Originally posted by Higgo View Post

Ok on the additional torque and power, but I have to disagree regarding the better fuel economy. Tuning the ECU without touching any mechanical component simply modifies the amount of fuel injected in the engine at a given rpm range.
              More power = more fuel required, more stress on mechanical parts, and less long term reliability.
              There is no magic bullet, an improvement of 2L/100km is significant, either you have changed your driving style, or as part of the tuning they have increased power at low rpms and decreased at high rpms

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X