• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenrob
    • Jul 2012
    • Goulburn NSW

Aftermarket Fog lights.

This is the second time I've posted this thread. Obviously I stuffed up the first attempt by probably not submitting it after previewing the post. So here I go again.
    I purchased these fog lights off EBuy to fit into the factory recesses in the front bumper. They seem to have everything needed to complete the job right down to an in line relay and fuse, new dash mounted switch (this one has its own indicator light), which I've yet to decide which one to use as the wiring loom that came with the kit obviously matches the new switch and I have yet to check the existing switch, which I presume operates the rear integrated fog light that is, from what I've read in the handbook, a standard fitting to the NP GLX.
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.
    Anyhow as you can see in the accompanying pic, there is a short yellow wire protruding from the loom near the switch. Now am I right in presuming that this goes to an accessory switched wire?
    Any other thoughts and opinions will be greatfully accepted as always.
    Attached Files
    Bob.
    All white '05 GLX (ex Police vehicle) 3.2 DI-D Auto with nicely tinted windows - Weather shields - fog lights - 2 LED light bars .. 1x20" & 1x12" - 2 Narva 180s with HID conversion coming up - DIG Options DVD/GPS double Din unit mounted at the top of the centre panel. UHF is nearly in. Still have roof mounted spoiler and rear wheel cover to fit yet too. Thinking about a full black leather interior. (my son used to do all the Summernats Show Cars and Auto Salon top interiors.)
  • mojo007
    • Jun 2012
    • western australia

How much did they cost?
    NW Platinum 2012. Narva Ultima 225 spotlights with 55w HID globes. ECB Bullbar. Dual battery Red Ark Isolator.

Comment

• Glenrob
      • Jul 2012
      • Goulburn NSW

Cost

Hi MoJo. I paid $140 from Mars Performance thru Ebay. Here's the link. Hope this helps.
      All of MARS PERFORMANCE WHEELS are made in TAIWAN, JWL/VIA approved. - Colour / Finishing: Hyper Black / Powder Coating. These incidences can occur, but are rare, and we will do everything possible to assist you in the unfortunate event if it does.
      Bob.
      All white '05 GLX (ex Police vehicle) 3.2 DI-D Auto with nicely tinted windows - Weather shields - fog lights - 2 LED light bars .. 1x20" & 1x12" - 2 Narva 180s with HID conversion coming up - DIG Options DVD/GPS double Din unit mounted at the top of the centre panel. UHF is nearly in. Still have roof mounted spoiler and rear wheel cover to fit yet too. Thinking about a full black leather interior. (my son used to do all the Summernats Show Cars and Auto Salon top interiors.)

Comment

• symo
        • Jan 2012
        • Brisvegas

I would guess the yellow wire is the feed for the switch to the relay so it could go from :

Accessory feed so it can be used without any headlights on.
        Parking light feed so on when parkers are on.
        Low beam feed so on when low beam on. ( same as the factory rear one )

Interested to see / hear the results and any installation tips as i'm looking at a set for my NP.

To get the dual fog light switch and relay from mitsubishi i was quoted about $90 last week and then splicing into the existing wiring harness seems too much fluffing about just to have a factory switch for front and rear.

Was debating whether the switch would go in the center console next to the stability control switch or in the dash next to the dimmer dial ?

This thread has some good info in it : http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ght=fog+lights

Comment

• Glenrob
          • Jul 2012
          • Goulburn NSW

Just fitted the fog lights today, with the help of my more agile son,. We started with the driver's side first which as luck would have it was the most difficult one of the two due to the washer bottle's interference, as for the other one he had it mounted and tucked away when I went inside to get a cuppa. The wiring wasn't done due to a lack of time because I had over an hour's drive to get home, plus we wanted to fit my old Lightforce 170s to his "new" 07 Rodeo.
          I'll keep you updated when we get to the wiring.
          Thanks so far guys.
          Bob.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X