• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillbo
    • Mar 2020
    • Newcastle, NSW

Upgraded suspension

Hi Guys,

I have a 2008 Pajero GLX currently with stock suspension.
    I am looking to head to Cape York in August 2021.

Can anyone recommend any brands of springs and shocks that have worked particularly well on Pajero's?
    Likewise can anyone suggest particular brands to avoid due to poor performance?
    Shocks & springs do not have be the same brand

I am after a nominal 50mm lift (or 40mm or 45mm, whatever is the legal standard for Parejo’s
    I am after good quality equipment. I don’t want the lowest cost if it compromises on performance or longevity. Also don’t want top of the range if there is no realistic benefit for what I will be doing.

Springs;
    - Not too worried about increasing the GVM at this stage but a slight increase wouldn’t hurt
    - I might fit a bullbar to the front in the future but unsure at this stage. I won’t be fitting a winch to the front.
    - I don’t tow particularly heavy loads yet but again a slight increase to this capacity wouldn’t hurt

Shocks/Dampers;
    - I don’t want air or remote reservoir shocks
    - I think I’d prefer Nitrogen shocks but would consider foam if they have worked well for anyone
    - I think I’d prefer monotube but not too fussed if it is twintube but good quality

Cheers,
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Just fitting springs won't change your GVM unless you get it all engineered and I doubt that anyone is doing it for a Paj. it's costly and not worth the bother anyway, considering you aren't towing heavy loads.

I found Kings springs to be the best and I'd avoid EFS shockers since I went through a set in less than 2 years after one trip to WA. What rating your springs will be depends on what you prefer. I've gone for the mid range HD Kings springs and very happy both on road and off road. The ride is good without the van attached and they hold up well when it is.

I've now got Konis but they aren't cheap and may be overkill for what you want to do.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

May I suggest Oztec suspension with the Kings Springs

OzTec Suspension is a suspension product made for the Australian market. It prides itself in making 4wd long travel and standard shock absorbers. The oztec brand uses and recommends Whiteline Bushes and King Springs and its shocks are made from comp

Had them for several years on our Mitsubishi Challenger... well priced also ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• cruisn06
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Perth WA

I am running dobinsons springs all around, with lovels front struts and tough dog 41mm foam cell in the rear, I also added airbags to help with the weight, Wagon rides like a dream on the roughest of roads.
        07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X