• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sean
    • Jun 2009
    • Bundaberg QLD

Trout fishing south NZ tips ?

Gday guys.
    Was hoping that a few fellow fishermen maybe able to give us any tips, info or GPS marks for the areas down near Queenstown, Tea Anau and Milford sound. Will be leaving for honeymoon in about a week for a 2 week stint over in NZ but i think i can squeeze, con or lie my way into about 2 days of fishing so not much time to catch a kiwi trout. Any travel tips for fishing rods on aircraft appreciated too.
    Thanks.
    97 NK GLS 3.5 petrol,220 Roolites, UHF, BFG AT's, LPG, snorkel, bullbar, rear storage drawers, 2" oztec/ king spring lift, Dual batteries ,80litre Waeco.
    ## MUD MAKES ME HORNY##
  • David Anderson
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Albury

There's a great book of fishing spots called the South Island trout fishing guide by John Kent - seriously awesome book.
    It has very good directions and public access information.

I wouldn't bring ant tackle in your carry on luggage because the knobs who do security will give you grief - it's not worth it.

I can't help you with exact locations that far south as we never made much past the center of the South Island last trip, but I will say that the locals are very helpful and everywhere on the Island has great trout fishing.
    09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• Bing
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Currently QLD

Probably better if you google "Fush".
      2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• NJ94
        Valued Member
        • May 2009
        • Melbourne East

I'm told the fishing is so good you have to bait your hook behind a tree!!
        "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

• Sean
          • Jun 2009
          • Bundaberg QLD

Back now. Awesome trip with some of the best scenery i have ever seen.
          5 big Sea run brown trout and a few rainbows in the limited time i had. Customs where on my case back home due to the Didymo Algae but all was good. Yeah its easy to take the piss out of the kiwis (the beat us in the league, so i stayed quiet) but thier country is so bloody beatifull.
          Also discovered Speights beer, now to find it in bundy through all our bloody rum.
          97 NK GLS 3.5 petrol,220 Roolites, UHF, BFG AT's, LPG, snorkel, bullbar, rear storage drawers, 2" oztec/ king spring lift, Dual batteries ,80litre Waeco.
          ## MUD MAKES ME HORNY##

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X