Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 08-02-20

Default Don't drive through floodwater

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...1-1ee44c13297b
2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers
Old 08-02-20

But the council web info said she was good to go

Old 08-02-20
Valued Member

Fools.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 09-02-20
Valued Member

Wow. That actually disappeared. I was not expecting that!

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 09-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
But the council web info said she was good to go

Even a half intelligent person would realise that conditions are constantly changing. The driver was a bloody idiot for even attempting this. I recently drove through floodwaters at 500mm deep near Ayr, Qld 2 weeks ago. Got stranded in Home Hill for 8 hours. Then had to spend a night in Innisfail due to flooding. Cops shut the road about 10 mins after I got through. The road was straight and water not fast flowing. Even then there were dickheads driving way too fast so as to create rooster tails of water. F wits, all of them...naturally a couple of P platers and young drivers. Road was not officially closed and after cops shut it there was still a time delay of 30mins before the general public knew. Sometimes common sense gets ousted and stupidity takes over.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 09-02-20
Valued Member

Stupidity.......that's all!

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 09-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Even a half intelligent person would realise that conditions are constantly changing. The driver was a bloody idiot for even attempting this. I recently drove through floodwaters at 500mm deep near Ayr, Qld 2 weeks ago. Got stranded in Home Hill for 8 hours. Then had to spend a night in Innisfail due to flooding. Cops shut the road about 10 mins after I got through. The road was straight and water not fast flowing. Even then there were dickheads driving way too fast so as to create rooster tails of water. F wits, all of them...naturally a couple of P platers and young drivers. Road was not officially closed and after cops shut it there was still a time delay of 30mins before the general public knew. Sometimes common sense gets ousted and stupidity takes over.
The problem was her submarine had no snorkel!!!!

This particular incedent just proves common sense is not that common?

They googled it & it was all good apparently

That is a really really dumb statement, maybe clutching at straws to justify the stupidity?

All jokes aside i'm glad these pair of idiot women were not hurt, this could have ended so different & was closer to tragedy than they may realise me thinks.
Lucky for them the vehicle went down the ditch evenly nose first or it wouldn't have been anythhing to laugh about.
Old 09-02-20

obviously in this case it was floodwater, but is there a cut and dry definition of what is floodwater and what is just a large puddle when it comes to these things. I know almost anytime it rains at my place the street out the front goes under water for about 100m and can end up around 30cm deep. I appreciate people driving through it because it helps water my front lawn as the waves push up over it.
2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers
Old 09-02-20
Valued Member

Being new to the area they checked with those that should know if the road is closed or open. Road was open according to latest info and no "road closed" signs so they dived in thinking all was OK.

Calling them idiots, fools, stupid etc is a bit on the harsh side I reckon. Unfortunate and unlucky that their car is underwater and at the same time lucky that noone was hurt is how I'd put it.
Old 09-02-20

I think at the end of the day if you don't know how deep it is or what is under the surface you just shouldn't go through it. And what is under the surface can change at anytime in those types of floods with possible sink holes or roads collapsing.