Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev74 View Post
My wife dropped in ours today at Newcastle for the recall and it seems it was in pretty poor shape inside. She was told it was by far the worst case they had seen and it could be a 14 hour job to fix the engine may need to come out of the car! She was given a loan car and when she was about to leave she saw a note on the car saying "Don't drive me, you may die!" and a sad smiley face drawn below. So it looks like an extended stay for our PJ. Can't fault Klosters at Newcastle so far but I'll be interested to see how much the recall covers and if there is any extra charge.
The guys at Tuggerah just South of you guys said they had to do the full job as per the recall, they said all parts replaced in one hour. But maybe yours was on the brink.
Old 11-06-15
Valued Member

Finally got around to having the recall completed yesterday. New tensioner and gasket as per schedule. In and out in under 90 minutes.
It seems a little quieter, but I think its just a placebo.
Old 18-06-15

Had my NS done last week with 234,000kms MM Rosehill service centre (Parramatta motor group). They had it from Wed morning and got it back last minute friday evening.

Dont wait for the letter - i never got one, i got onto a Govt website after googling MM timing chain recall. Its shows which VIN numbers are affected, i rang up and said book me in please its a national recall....got it in about 4 days later.

I said can you do the tappets whilst you have it pulled apart......they did and didnt charge me for it....guessign cos i had to keep ringing them for updates, or maybe they just thought lets not do em and say we did

In the end got the chain guide replaced and tappets done for $0. Its a little noisier now but should do me for the rest of my relationship with the NS.
Old 18-06-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_P View Post
Had my NS done last week with 234,000kms MM Rosehill service centre (Parramatta motor group). They had it from Wed morning and got it back last minute friday evening.

Dont wait for the letter - i never got one, i got onto a Govt website after googling MM timing chain recall. Its shows which VIN numbers are affected, i rang up and said book me in please its a national recall....got it in about 4 days later.

I said can you do the tappets whilst you have it pulled apart......they did and didnt charge me for it....guessign cos i had to keep ringing them for updates, or maybe they just thought lets not do em and say we did

In the end got the chain guide replaced and tappets done for $0. Its a little noisier now but should do me for the rest of my relationship with the NS.
As they took 3 days I would suspect they had to change the chain. The tensioner only takes around an hour, whereas the chain takes days! That would also explain no charge to do the tappets. Did you see the work order? Does the front of the motor look like it has been pulled apart, eg, finger marks or all wiped clean, etc?
Old 19-06-15

Just had a look but cant see any signs its been pulled apart but there is bugger all room to get in close and see.

Im guessing cos it sounds different the work was done. It was touch and go as to whether i would get it back last friday as they were waiting on a parts drop at 1pm so that gives me some peace of mind.

I didnt get to read the work order or have to sign anything which was strange but i did see the service guy pick up the work order and read it. He said the chain was ok but they changed the guide and did the tappets.

If i get any red light camera fines during the time it was in the shop I'll know it didn't get done and was used for lunch runs.
Old 19-06-15

Matty. Mine took a whole 55 minutes. Was done while I drank their coffee. Chain guide replaced? Why? They don't go anywhere near the tappets replacing the chain tensioner.
Old 21-07-15

Thumbs up

Thank you for this information, I will have to contact the dealership as I moved interstate & did not know about this recall. I have a 2008 NS 3.2 DID
Old 21-07-15
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

Mine is booked in tomorrow do get the tensioners done under the recall, pity they have had my car for a week and a half and a few more days to go completing the work replacing the timing chain guide, tensioners, possibly the chain and the cam shaft sensor that was leveraged from its mount. Threw a P0341 error code.

All being done under warranty thankfully on a 7.5 year old NS.
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 21-07-15
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajero02 View Post
Thank you for this information, I will have to contact the dealership as I moved interstate & did not know about this recall. I have a 2008 NS 3.2 DID
always worth keeping an eye on the recalls.gov.au website for recalls in general across all products
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 29-07-15

Default tensioner recall

I'm about to book my NT in for the Tensioner Recall.
Has anyone had the tensioner recall done and had some sort of ECU update or relearn done at the same time without asking. I'm concerned that in some previous threads some Members have had a ECU update done and have then had much worse fuel economy. The Dealers then said they could'nt go back to the old program.
MY10 RX DID Auto, Gun Metal Grey, IronMan 2" Lift Shockers and Springs, Nava 225 Lights HID Retrofit, 28 inch Cree Light Bar, 4WD Systems Dual Battery Controller, Aftermarket in dash GPS + Reverse Camera, 2 x Fridge Slides, Dual Rear Draw, GME TX3100 UHF, Thule Roof Racks, O/Lock Premium Post Bull Bar, Factory Towbar, TJM Sump Guard, BushSkinz Auto Trans Guard, BushSkinz Transfer Case Guard. EGR Block, PWM Torque Converter Lock with Bar Graph Display.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: