Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-15

Rang dealer on Monday 2nd March, booked in and done on Thursday 5th this week, did not need recall notice, all done in the day, tensioner replaced and new gasket and chain was OK.
Dealer said they have not had to replace a chain yet.
Dealer gave me an invoice with $0 owing for my records so when car is sold it will show work was done

2010 VRX DiD 130k

Rod Mac. Sunny Coast
Old 06-03-15

Default Timing chain tensioner

Had my tensioner replaced today, 6 March. Invoice states; carried out recall inspection, replaced timing chain tensioner, no further action required. Part item code R11411A045P Timing chain tensioner (box 40
Qty 1, Amount $0.00. Received no recall notice, but as soon as I phoned my dealer I was booked in straight away. Could not be happier.
2006 Pajero NS VRX Manual, Diesel. Tigerz11 Roof cage and awning, Tough Dog adjustable front, Tough Dog Rear with Pedder's air bags, TJM duel battery system. TJM Airtec Snorkel, small Chip Tuning oil catch can, Hi Spec SCV.
Old 07-03-15

Default Just seen this.

As I didn't receive a notice of recall, today I sent an email to my local dealership, I am the second owner of a Pajero 2011 3.2 diesel and need a 150,000 service So lets see how it all goes.
Thanks for the info.
Peter.
Old 08-03-15
Valued Member

Does the new and old tensioners have differences that can be spotted by looking at them? or the part number stamped somewhere?

Official answer of MM Chile (where I live) is that the model sold in Chile does not have the problem, that I shouldīt have to worry as makers do different specs for different markets.
I now specs can differ but really donīt think is the case of the tensioner along with the problem being already public in many of the biggest markets for the Pajero so now iīm completely by myself Have to change the belts next week with the 100k maintenance so I want to check the tensioner issue.
2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
Old 08-03-15

Send a message via Skype™ to whatsupkramer

Got my pai back on Friday afternoon. 5 days to change timimg chain, I was told that it took 2 days to order the parts and 20hrs labour to repair.

I asked what was done in this time and was looked at weird. "Replaced the timing chain" was the comment. Well I am not that stupid (well I hope not). After more probing the girl found the paperwork and read it out. basically it was check tensioner, chain and guides. Chain needs replacing. Replaced chain, tensioner and guides, take for test drive. I questioned if any fluids were replaced and I was told that there was new engine oil and coolant.

Done 500k since Friday and seems to be fine. The only trouble is I sat in a NX today and thought should I.

Chris
Old 08-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagonia View Post
Does the new and old tensioners have differences that can be spotted by looking at them? or the part number stamped somewhere?

Have to change the belts next week with the 100k maintenance so I want to check the tensioner issue.
Patagonia, you just answered your own question - this recall is only for 3.2l diesel engine vehicles with internal timing chain http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1067973. Your V6 petrol engine with external timing belts is not affected

Cheers,
Stephen

Last edited by Scouter1; 08-03-15 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post
Patagonia, you just answered your own question - this recall is only for 3.2l diesel engine vehicles with internal timing chain http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1067973. Your V6 petrol engine with external timing belts is not affected

Cheers,
Stephen
His signature has two vehicles, one being an NS 3.2L. By belts I'm guessing he means aircon and powersteering pump belts on the front.

unfortunately i can't answer the question, Mitsubishi is aus were denying any issues for months while a recall had been issued in some european countries so maybe it'll make it to Chile soon. I can't imagine they made a different tensioner just for chile while the rest of the world got a defective component.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 09-03-15
Valued Member

Yep, its the others belts that at least here are due to change every 100k. I'll change the tensioner to be on the safe side, hope they have the new part in stock.
2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
Old 10-03-15

Had the recall work completed on mine today.
They just changed the tensioner. They didn't find a reason to check the chain itself....good to know.
The guy i spoke to said they can tell if there is too much extension in the tensioner (chain stretched) as long as the tensioner is an old version, regardless of age. Not sure why though. Probably a good thing I took my new (part#) tensioner out and put the old one back in.

I am sure I waited longer to drop the car off than it took them to complete the recall work.
Old 10-03-15
Banned

Is there somthing Im missing MM asked for my truck (NS 2008) to be left for 3 days ????????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: